Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-14-2016, 06:42 PM   #41
Weekend Camper

Thanks to everyone for passing along their feedback, and thanks to Lloyd for taking the time to discuss my questions with me.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:02 PM   #42
Site Team

Very few post have been deleted. When you repeatedly post about the same issue is when you will be asked to stop. If you are going through the legal system, your posts will be deleted. It not the job of us moderators to defend the company. We just enforce the rules that was set up by the company that runs the forum (and as you can see Social Knowledge is an online peer community network of affiliated websites where those sharing similar interests may interact with one another in member lead discussions. Social Knowledge and its affiliated websites are operated by Social Knowledge, L.L.C., ("us", "the Company", or "we"). Affiliated websites ("Websites") are listed at www.SocialKnowledge.net.

Look at our Community Rules for a good explanation of what's allowed and not allowed.

If you look through the post on this forum, you will find posts that relate to problems with their rv, dealer, or manufacturer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 07:04 AM   #43
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
When we buy one of these campers I'm pretty sure we all know at the time just what the warranty covers and for how long.

How many other things do we have that we expect the warranty to go on indefinitely after it has expired? It would be nice if it did, but that is not the real world.
There aren't to many RV manufactures that have coverage after the warranty ends.
Sorry.
I do not expect a warranty to go on forever but when a company has a known DEFECTIVE part that they use and do not warn the customer or correct it before it fails, that is deceptive business. I was quoted $4000.00 by Camping World to correct this. I guess that means I should just keep my mouth shut, man up , pay $4000.00 to correct a problem that devalues a two year old unit and move on. If Crossroads repainted them before they installed them, this thread would not exist. Just so you know , I purchased an extended warranty and finish protection when I bought this. Since this has been classified by those folks as a factory defect they refuse to cover the repair. I guess that makes me the fool in this. Thanks for your support.
Old 01-15-2016, 08:10 AM   #44
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleysdad View Post
I do not expect a warranty to go on forever but when a company has a known DEFECTIVE part that they use and do not warn the customer or correct it before it fails, that is deceptive business. I was quoted $4000.00 by Camping World to correct this. I guess that means I should just keep my mouth shut, man up , pay $4000.00 to correct a problem that devalues a two year old unit and move on. If Crossroads repainted them before they installed them, this thread would not exist. Just so you know , I purchased an extended warranty and finish protection when I bought this. Since this has been classified by those folks as a factory defect they refuse to cover the repair. I guess that makes me the fool in this. Thanks for your support.

Years ago Chevrolet had trouble with the paint on certain models of their pickups. The way I remember it, they repainted some, not all.
Cross Roads has the same issue going on. Some of their rigs have been repainted at no cost to the owners, others haven't been so fortunate.
Now just for your information in case you weren't aware of it. Cross Roads is not the only company that has, and is plagued with this problem.
However it does appear that Cross Roads has found and corrected this problem on the newer units.

Does this make it any easier for the owner of one of these rigs with the paint problem who is being told that they are out of warranty and they can't receive any help or compensation?
Definitely not!!
Does it help any to get on the forum and repeatedly express your anger and frustration?
It certainly isn't going to get the rig repainted. I can't do it, and neither can anybody else here.
As much as I can appreciate the frustration some of our members are going thru, there really isn't much to be gained by continually fanning the flames.
Here is a quote I copied from the forum rules.

Do not take every opportunity to express your disagreement, incite argument, insult each other, or fan flames. Voice your opinion respectfully and then let it go.

I would like to encourage any of you who haven't taken the time to read the forum rules to please do so.
You can find them down at the bottom of the page – here
Community Rules
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 03:16 PM   #45
Weekend Camper

Well said Lloyd
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 05:38 PM   #46
Full Time Camper

$4000 to correct what!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelleysdad View Post
My front cap was cracked in all four corners and need repair and repainted which cost near $750 plus hauling it back and forth three times which cost me $250 in fuel. Take it to a body shop and get it done and MOVE ON!
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:55 PM   #47
Weekend Camper

Sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, our 2016 ST30RK has a the lighter tan front cap and it's fading already. We purchased it brand new in November. They did not fix the problem. Our trailer hasn't even seen a day over 90 degrees here in California.
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 11:32 AM   #48
Weekend Camper

Faded front cap

If it helps anyone I have found a product specifically designed for boats and rv's called Toon Bright. It's a clearcoat that can be sprayed wiped or brushed and takes away the oxidation. This product boast's approx. 3yrs of protection until the surface needs to be reapplied. Sofar it's been working pretty good and if it lasts the amount of time it stated, it will be better than paying 1300$ for a new paint job.
mbohnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 08:54 AM   #49
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMVillines View Post
Sorry to be the one to deliver the bad news, our 2016 ST30RK has a the lighter tan front cap and it's fading already. We purchased it brand new in November. They did not fix the problem. Our trailer hasn't even seen a day over 90 degrees here in California.
I purchased a 2016 Cruiser 5th wheel. It has the new brown painted nose cap. It was produced in Sept 2015, doesn't show any signs of oxidation that I can see. One of the nice things about buying a new RV is not having to wash and wax it in the spring. I think I'm going to have to hit it with some sort of protectant for the gel coat. I guess I've been naive over the past few purchases thinking the dealer has waxed it to help provide long lasting protection. Oh well, not like I can't use the exercise. Interested to find out how the Toon Brite works. I wonder if that's the stuff the dealer tried to up-sell me at closing. They said it was a foam spray.

SeanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 11:30 AM   #50
Weekend Camper

If it isn't oxidizing than I wouldn't recommend this product. It sounds like you might just need a good wax. This stuff actually puts another layer onto your surface. If you would happen to go that route though I would say to spray it on using a spray gun and air compressor.
mbohnert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:23 PM   #51
Weekend Camper

Decals

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get the brown front cap painted. It took 2 years to start to fade, buy progressing quickly now. My unit is too far past warranty for CR or the dealer to consider. The quotes I'm getting are around $2000. That does not include the cost of the decals.
Wondering if anyone has had success getting replacement decals from CR at their cost. The dealer quoted me $350.
2014 Ram Hemi Outdoorsman 3:92RE
2013 ST Reserve 30RE
p4lrjfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 03:33 PM   #52
Full Time Camper

For that price you can get a sign company to make one that you like.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #53
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley View Post
For that price you can get a sign company to make one that you like.
or get a wrap put on
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:10 PM   #54
Gone Traveling

Before you give up, try contacting Trailer Life Magazine. They have a column called "RV Resolutions". Explain the situation to include the fact that the paint is a known defect in materials and the arbitrary and capricious manner how Crossroads is addressing the issues. They have extended the warranty past the 12 months for some owners and have admitted it was a defect in materials.

Send a type written letter explaining the issue to Trailer Life RV Resolutions, 2750 Park View Court, Suite 240, Oxnard, CA 93036. Include copies of all bills and correspondence as well as a self addressed stamped envelope.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:49 PM   #55
New Camper

just joined this forum, noted this message. having same condition, heavy faded cap tried to bring it back using a professional detailer. some spots still show through.
have you gone further with this issue ?
another condition i'm having is seat cushion faux leather peeling and splitting.

2014 reserve 32rl
partypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:41 PM   #56
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by partypro View Post
just joined this forum, noted this message. having same condition, heavy faded cap tried to bring it back using a professional detailer. some spots still show through.
have you gone further with this issue ?
another condition i'm having is seat cushion faux leather peeling and splitting.

2014 reserve 32rl
The failing front cap is a known issue to several manufacturers due to the formulation of the paint not having enough UV protective properties. Crossroads knows this and has fixed it even past the 1 year warranty expired for some of us. There was a change retail managers. I don't know if there is a correlation but it was about that time Crossroads began refusing to extend the warranty despite this being a known issue and a known defect in materials.

As for the faux leather, we have also experienced some peeling and splitting on our dark brown couch. We thought that it may be from the sweating of the Windows from some cold weather camping we did but since you mention it also there may be other causes.
Old 05-05-2016, 05:52 PM   #57
New Camper

faded cap and peeling upholstery

thanks Chateau Duke, plan is to run off a letter to Trailer Life and a copy to Crossroads. Customer service at Crossroads has already shot down my request for assistance. What I would like to see is a technical response explaining to us owners exactly what product and procedure lead to the failure. Both problems
are material used as far as I can determine. I don't think it is a weather problem, my RV in kept in Fla. along with several other brands that do not experience these conditions.
partypro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:10 PM   #58
Site Team

With almost all the front caps being outsourced, I'm not sure Crossroads has a clue of what the problem is. Since this is a industry wide problem, I suspect the problem is with the gel coat application and mixture that is used on these caps. Good luck with your problem hope Trailer life helps you out.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 06:36 PM   #59
Gone Traveling

Good luck. If you copy Crossroads, I would recommend addressing it to a particular person such as Andy Cripe the CEO and/or Mike Antal the Retail Sales Manager. Keep us posted.
Old 05-05-2016, 06:57 PM   #60
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau Duke To Go View Post
Good luck. If you copy Crossroads, I would recommend addressing it to a particular person such as Andy Cripe the CEO and/or Mike Antal the Retail Sales Manager. Keep us posted.

Andy Cripe is no longer with Cross Roads, and I'm not sure about Mike Antal.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote