Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-06-2015, 01:28 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

filling water tank (overflow?), hum in hot water heater

2014 290QB. just de-winterized it. moved up from a pop up.

1) on pop up when fresh water tank was filled it overflowed and drained out the bottom. does this unit have a overflow, indicator reads full but nothing came out anywhere seemed to have hose in for a long time that should have over filled. There are three capped drains under camper. 2 blue and 1red. assume the 2 next to each other are for draining system. what is the blue that is by itself?

2) hot water heater when on electric there is a hum, is this normal.

3) outside kitchen. the lock latch does not catch anyone else have this problem?
jsd493 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 01:35 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have a 2015 ST28bh and you can hear a faint hum from the water heater. Our outdoor kitchen lock does the same thing, but if you push on it really hard you can get it to lock. The tech at our dealership tried to pull the bottom out but it did not help. He said he was afraid to do too much as he did not want to mess up the seals and cause a leak so we are just living with it.

The Duncans
2015 Sunset Trail Reserve ST28BH
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500hd crew cab 4x4
Mr. T and Ms. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:59 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The blue drain by itself is for draining the fresh water tank. My 32RL does not have an overflow.

2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 32RL
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Tekonsha P3
1999 Ford F-250 7.3L PowerStroke
Whippoorwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:31 PM   #4
Site Team

If you let the water run into the tank, it will eventually back up coming out the fill hole. There must be either a overflow, or a vent. The tank has to be able to get rid of the air some how when it's being filled with water.

On our rig, there is a small screen, about the size of a dime. It sits right along side of the fill hole. That is the vent. When I'm filling with water I can hear the air being expelled out that vent. If I get it over full, water will come back out that screen, plus the fill pipe.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote