Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Floor wet on slide out

It's been raining good and we opened the slide out in our driveway yesterday. Noticed the corner of the slide out where your feet go when sitting on the couch was wet. Carpet and plywood was damp. Since this area would be well inside the trailer when the slide out was in, I'm thinking it got wet when we opened it.

Did I do something wrong when opening the slide out after it rained or is this normal?

PokerMunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 07:41 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I would think you've more than likely got a leak. That probably isn't what you want to hear, but the rubber wipers around the slide should take care of most of the rain water as you are opening or closing your slide. Was the slide completely closed while the camper was sitting in the driveway? If it wasn't, or if the slide is out of adjustment enough that only one side is pulling up flush when you close it or the top to bottom alignment is off, that could allow water intrusion. It could also be coming in around the windows (not likely, as new as yours is, unless they weren't sealed properly at the factory) or from around trim. Check all your caulking carefully and pay close attention to whether the slide is sealing all the way around when it is closed. Hopefully it will be an easy fix, but don't let it go very long at all or it may ruin your floor.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

My first day with mine we found that the city water was leaking on the inside. and it rain that night I was looking all over for this till I found it and it was all over the floor. I had to open the water valve outside and repaired the hose leak. Took it back to the dealer so they could go over it then.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
johnwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I always hate to read or hear about "water stories" - it is the one thing that I worry about the most. However this one is particularly disturbing because it is a brand new unit. I read somewhere (maybe the Crossroads website) that they "rain-test" units at the factory. Anyway.. PokerMunkee I hope you find the problem and then a solution. Please keep us posted. TIA
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #5
New Camper

We discovered wet carpet during rainy weather on our living room slide. Turns out the floor that was installed on the slide was warped and did not line up straight on the ends of the slide. So when it rained, all the water ran down the slide and saturated the side of the slide floor that was exposed and soaked into the carpet. We had it looked at and are waiting on a new floor to be installed. We live in it full time and will need to get a hotel for 3-7 days while Camping World removes the slide and replaces the floor. Look at the edge of your slide and if you can see the plywood floor separating from the slide, you may have the same issue we do.
pfogleboch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2015, 09:48 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

We had this problem once. The slide was not closing flush, found that if I held the switch a couple of seconds after slide stops the front motor will start and continue to move the slide flush
H&S Performance MiniMaxx
Propride P3 Hitch
ShannFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 06:14 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannFam View Post
We had this problem once. The slide was not closing flush, found that if I held the switch a couple of seconds after slide stops the front motor will start and continue to move the slide flush
This is actually recommended by the manufacturer anyway. I hold for a 3 second count both in and out.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 09:11 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Had similar experience and think it was mostly due to the angle we had it sitting and that the bulb seals under the slide on the exterior had the corners slightly exposed (flaps created a quarter size gap each corner) and you could touch the carpet. I think water leaked in there. Also had some coming in on top of slide when closed, but still haven't figured that one out since it only happened randomly. Never occrred while slide was out. Since we angled the slide side down its stopped being an issue.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote