Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2013, 03:35 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

The hubby and I are looking at purchasing the Sunset Trail ST28BH. This particular model has opposing slides. The couch and dinette slide out in a super-slide, and the kitchen (oven/stove, fridge, & some counter top), slide out under the awning. This leaves the island in the middle of the kitchen, which has the sink within. It really is a beautiful set-up.

My question is...will I be able to access the inside fridge without sliding out the kitchen? I'm wondering if I'll be able to turn the fridge on and possibly load it with some cold items before we leave home. We live in a subdivision, and in all likelihood we will not be able to pull this 32 footer into our driveway. That's probably going to mean picking it up from storage the day of a trip, loading it at the curb, and taking off. So I'm not sure we'll have the time/want to take the time to open up a slide just to load the fridge. Might just have to pack a cooler, load stuff in at the door of the camper, and do more loading of food in fridge & pantry and organizing beds, etc. when we arrive at our destination.

Any comments or information would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:16 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

We have this model and love it. You have two options to access the fridge to load. Either open the large living room slide, so you can walk around or just open the kitchen slide. Option 2 is the better option as it gives you full access to all cuboards and pantry plus fridge, Also it is the smaller of the two slides. You can access everything with just the kitchen slide open, even the bathroom and the door will open and close with the living room slide in. We always turn our fridge on a day or two in advance so it has time to get cold, then load it up fully before we go. I leave it in auto and it runs on propain while traveling, then back on electric once plugged in at our destination.
I hope this helps, please feel free to ask any more questions

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thanks so much for your reply! This is what I needed to know.

One of the big advantages of going from a pop-up to a TT is that we'll be able to open the door and load up what we need - where we need it - before we hit the road. (There are plenty of other advantages too...) But we're not so sure our homeowner's association is going to be wild about us having a camper this big sitting at the curb (since it won't fit in the driveway). We'll see. I think we're going try picking it up at least 1/2 day before we depart. Hopefully that'll give the fridge enough time to be cool-ish, so we can put our cold food in there, shut the door, and then continue running it on LP until we reach our destination.

It'll take some trial and error. All part of the ride.

Thanks again,
Amy
Edge2 is offline   Reply With Quote