Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2017, 11:13 AM   #1
New Camper

"FRONT" Breaker tripping

Hi,
I have a 2014 Sunset Trail 33PB, and the breaker labelled "FRONT" Is tripped... any idea how to fix this? Clearly I have no idea lol.
Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170920_161305.jpg (237.7 KB, 15 views)
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 01:36 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Move the switch all the way to off and then turn back on
If it trips you will need someone with electrical knowledge to start trouble shooting. If you plugged in some items unplug them before resetting the breaker
Old 09-27-2017, 11:24 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

this is what caused my 'front' breaker to trip. I have a 2014 Sunset Trail 33BD. It was located in the belly, under the living room slide. The wire was in a junction box with no reliefs on it so I guess the constant bouncing on bare metal eventually caused it to wear through and short.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170527_124111.jpg (161.2 KB, 8 views)
sunset33bd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:57 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Glad you found the culprit. Thanks for posting the "find".
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 03:23 PM   #5
Site Team

Send the pic to Crossroads and your dealer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #6
New Camper

Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset33bd View Post
this is what caused my 'front' breaker to trip. I have a 2014 Sunset Trail 33BD. It was located in the belly, under the living room slide. The wire was in a junction box with no reliefs on it so I guess the constant bouncing on bare metal eventually caused it to wear through and short.
Thanks for your replies guys!
I had someone from my dealership come out and take a look at it today since it is still under warranty. One of the wires is shorted which he highly believes is due to a rodent. So he disconnected that wire from the converter for now which powers the tv, fireplace, bedroom lights etc.. for now so we can at least still use everything else. He said finding the actual damage can take him 5 mins or 5 hrs....and if it's actual animal damage, then the repairs and labour etc is on us. He said the other reason for the short but is highly unlikely, could be a damaged electrical outlet.(Since our trailer is in a park and was working when we closed up a couple weekends ago and then all of a sudden isn't working when we went up, I'm sure he's right..... ...stupid mice...) at least he isolated the wire so we know which one it is. We'll probably try ourselves first to find the damage before we go paying an arm and a leg for someone else to.

Thanks sunset33bd for your experience... your story will at least give me an idea of where to look first. ...or where to get my husband to look first lol. I'll also keep it in mind if anything happens in the future if we do eventually decide to go traveling with it.

Thanks again everyone!
Leah is offline   Reply With Quote