Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #21
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSafe View Post
I need to have mine painted too. It was stored indoors most of the time so it took longer to fade.

It is currently up on blocks on my seasonal site. I really don't want to drag it to a body shop. Anybody know if they can paint it outdoors?
I can not imagine that any professional would paint it while outdoors. To many things out of your control.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 01:43 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

I was going to call C/R today myself. My 2014 has gone south. I waxed it best I could to prevent it to no avail. Warranty expired in May of this year. Thinking C/R should stand behind the issue, no?
Wicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:04 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

My tan 2016 ST30RK already started to fade. We've only had it since November and it's never been hotter than the 80's here.

What is the next step? Do I get a quote from a paint shop and send it to crossroads, or do I take it to my dealer and get it back 2 years later after they coordinate with a paint shop of their choosing?
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:10 PM   #24
Site Team

Document it with pictures. Send all the info including pictures to your dealer and to Crossroads. I send my emails with receipt requested. Talk to your dealer about getting it painted. When Crossroads approve, make arrangements with dealer. At the most, it should only take 2 weeks. Don't leave it there until you have a confirmed date to drop it off. Be insistent with the dealer that you expect to pick it up after 2 weeks.
Don't let Crossroads back down or your dealer wimp out. Be firm, but not overbearing.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:22 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

1year warranty that is it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I was going to call C/R today myself. My 2014 has gone south. I waxed it best I could to prevent it to no avail. Warranty expired in May of this year. Thinking C/R should stand behind the issue, no?
Good luck w that! Crossroads will honor the warranty for 1 yrs only. Not sure how they think that is adequate for paint but I know I have learned a lesson!! Lesson to All
Stephenm781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:24 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Good luck!! U should be set where u are under a year old. I am pretty sure they changed to Tan to try and get away from the fading. Looks like that plan backfired!!
Stephenm781 is offline   Reply With Quote