Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2015, 03:01 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Happiness is Trailer fixed at Factory Service

Check/Read our posts on 'facebook' CrossRoads RV Owners!
Our SST 32RL is in Topeka @ CR RV Factory Service !!!!!!!!!!
If all works as promised we'll be happy - happy . . .
Just wish there were still front slide floorplans available, loved using ours to sell others.
Sure hope none of them have Schwintch Slide problems! There might be somebody out there wanting me hurt.
Old 02-22-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Good luck on your repairs. Did they tell you why they stopped making the front slides??

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to st.rodder2 Send a message via MSN to st.rodder2 Send a message via Yahoo to st.rodder2
Alchemistic, what year is your trailer? I have a 2015 SF32RL that I ordered in March of 2014. When it arived in June 2014 it was a 2015 and the last of the front bedroom slide. My kitchen and LR slides have the new BAL cable system. Just the bedroom slide has the Swinteck system. What went wrong with yours that you had to bring it back to the factory?

2015 Sunset Trail SF32RL
2012 Ford F250SD CC 4X4 - 6.7 Powerstroke

st.rodder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 07:51 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

mark5w; was told by someone we sent to buy one, that they were told by dealers that CR RV could not get BAL Cable Slide Sys to work Ft. slide. A while back only new never titled SF32RL is up in MN at full MSRP.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #5
New Camper

On a different note we just picked up our tt from factory service. After almost two years of our dealer here in Ontario totally damaging many parts of our unit from the front fibreglass cap , kitchen counters, sinks, j channels and rock guard as well as driving nails to install a trim to cover up a short counter Randy and his team put it back together better then new. They repaired or replaced every item that was damaged by our dealer. They went over and above and reviewed all of the repairs in detail. I would recommend factory service if possible. I made the trip from Toronto to Indiana to pick up the unit and review the repairs. I can't say enough about the service and quality of the work done to my unit.
Frank K.
Fpkinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:00 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Hap-Hap-Happy w/ Factory Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fpkinto View Post
On a different note we just picked up our tt from factory service. After almost two years of our dealer here in Ontario totally damaging many parts of our unit from the front fibreglass cap , kitchen counters, sinks, j channels and rock guard as well as driving nails to install a trim to cover up a short counter Randy and his team put it back together better then new. They repaired or replaced every item that was damaged by our dealer. They went over and above and reviewed all of the repairs in detail. I would recommend factory service if possible. I made the trip from Toronto to Indiana to pick up the unit and review the repairs. I can't say enough about the service and quality of the work done to my unit.
Frank K.
Agree!!!
Just wish they could have gotten Items promised at Rallies. Service could only "fix" not up-grade.
What they did do is E-X-C-E-L-L-E-N-T_!!!
Old 03-18-2015, 04:24 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I totally agree. The factory service is amazing! The guys cannot do enough for you there. They fix what is wrong, then check the unit to see if there is anything else that might need fixing. They also don't have to order parts like a dealer would (and have the wrong ones come in). It's worth the drive, a day and a half for us.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote