Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 02:19 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Head scratching AC question

Hello all.
I own a 2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 30 RE. The other day while camping the temp hit 99 degrees. The AC was fine during the morning but as the day wore on with hotter temp it got more and more uncomfortable in the camper. The AC ran constantly. The air conditioned air was coming out warmer rather then cold. Then the AC began running in cycle running about every 2 minutes and then shut off for two or three minutes and repeat again. We decided to just shut the AC off for a while and open the windows. By 7 PM we tried the AC again and it seemed to run fine all night and the next morning. Do I need to have my AC checked. The camper was parked in direct sun light with very high 70 plus humidity. Was I icing up?
medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:27 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Forgot to add if anyone has a solution to this question let me know. Is there a better why to run the AC on days like this to keep this from happening again. I also diverted the AC to stop running through the ceiling vents and out the AC base instead and it did not help
medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:59 PM   #3
Site Team

The ac often freezes up. After the coils defrost, it operates normally. They say not to run the fan on low, but to keep it from medium to high to keep the air circulating around the coils.
A good cleaning of the coils and around the ac helps to keep the ac healthy.
https://axleaddict.com/rvs/RV-Roof-A...ce-and-Repairs

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote