Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2019, 04:37 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Help with photos of rear of unit

We have a 2018 SST 33SI that we need some help with.

Long story short we had the unit in for some warrenty service. There was some yard damage that caused the rear wall panel and trim to be replaced.

The dealer did a .... bad job (2nd round of yard damage). I’m not taking it back for them to fix it.

I found somebody else to do the work but I need some pictures of the backend, from the ground looking to where the end wall joins the frame/floor.

Thanks for your consideration.
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
Site Team

Not to be rude but your dealer messed it up twice and now you have someone to fix it but does not know how to attach the wall to the floor or at least does not what it is supposed to look like? If they need pictures to fix the wall do they know what they are doing or is this someone that thinks they can fix it but needs to know what it is supposed to look like?

I understand the dealer messed it up "twice" but you may want to find a "RV collision repair center" to get the work done correctly. On a 2018 camper you would want it to be correct. Then send the bill to the dealer that damaged it in the first place.

Sorry to be direct but you paid a lot for your camper you want it done right.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 07:23 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Gee, why didn’t I’ll think of that.

Lol.
kickerfour1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 08:54 PM   #4
Site Team

Sorry if I came across a little strong. Hopefully someone will post a picture or two. I guess I should have asked if the person wanting the pictures has any experience with RV construction. Anyways I wish you the best of luck. Just my opinion and its worth what its worth.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #5
New Camper

We have a 2019 SST 33SI, but unfortunately it is in storage right now. We might be heading there to do some work in the next week or two, so if you can wait that long, I can take some good photos of the back end for you. As far as I could tell from our research when shopping, there were no major changes between the '18 and '19 models.

Another possibility: look online and see if you can find a dealer that has a unit in stock and see if they'll take photos for you. Maybe offer to buy them lunch via delivery for helping you out?
TheHokieCoder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rear wall, sst 33si, yard damage