Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2013, 03:50 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I have a 2012 ST32FR Sunset Trails Reserve. Went camping for the first time this weekend (BoonDocked) Turned on the hot water heater with Gas. It seems to be working. Some hot water came out then it turned COLD. My guess is that it has something to do with the valves in the heater pump compartment . I do not know which valves should be opened and which should be closed. Could someone post a picture of this or describe in detail which way the valves should be for summer use?
Would have been nice if the valves were numbered (1,2,3,4). Their are 4 valves I believe. One is for the winterizing solution the other 3 I do not know what their functions are.
HELP
Thanks
Bruce

Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Come on 50 some odd views and not one reply?? I can not believe that no one has an answer to this. Need a little help here.
Bruce

Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

uestion did you turn off the battery to preserve the charge. If you did this thsan the gas will not light. it takes 12voltz to get this started
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:24 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

The top and bottom valve should be open and the center valve should be closed along with the anti-freeze valve.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:21 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Typically the valve handles on the water heater are vertical for bypass and horizontal for normal use. The winterizing valve handle is normally parrallel with the water line going to the pump for normal use. At least that is how it is on ours.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Water heater- Valve inbetween the red and blue is the by-pass (closed), blue line is the supply (open)

Water pump- blue line is the supply (open), white hose is winterizing valve closed

Maybe this is similar to yours, this from my Cruiser.

Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Look at your pipping. The pipping that has (blue valve blue) should be turned so the handle allows for flowing of water. aka with the direction of the pipping (-- - ---). Same goes for red valve red. The piping in the middle of the two should be closed. Not in the direction of flowing water(-- + --). I hope this helps.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 01:31 AM   #8
Seasonal Camper

To the OP. If you could give us some pictures of your setup it would help much in answering your question. Pictures are worth many thousand words.

rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Want to thank you all for your help. I think the problem is solved. I had the bypass valve in the open position. I closed it and it seems to be working properly now. Plenty of hot water. All your replies have been very helpful.