Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2014, 07:09 PM   #21
Weekend Camper

Susan,
When/if you do need to have warranty work done, I recommend finding someplace other than Roanoke for that. It's been almost 3 weeks that they've had our unit. After trying to get them by phone and e-mail I finally received an e-mail yesterday asking me for more information about one of the problems as they had not yet finished diagnosing the issues I had given them...2.5 weeks ago. And still haven't gotten a quote for the slide toppers and vent covers I want to purchase and pay for them to install.
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
derekrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:28 PM   #22
Full Time Camper

Derek,
I gather that you also live in Virginia. Apparently, CW Roanoke does not need your money as my dad would have said. You could always come to the factory rally in Shipshewana in July and have the factory to install your slide toppers, etc. They schedule the work for the day or two before the rally for your convenience. Anyhow, I hope you can resolve these issues.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:42 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Yes, we live in Shenandoah County, Virginia. I'm thinking I having the camping world in Winchester do the toppers and covers. They are only 30 miles away. Too bad they couldn't do the warranty work. They've worked on two of our last three units. Always did a great job and communicated with us! Sure wish I could make that rally!
2007 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD
derekrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #24
Full Time Camper

We were up in Stanley at a friend's cabin back in Fall 2012 and really loved it.

Last year was our first factory rally and really met a lot of great folks. We had warranty work done at the factory and are so glad we waited for them to do it.

Our dealer was okay but we doubt we will buy from them again due to a lot of paper issues after the fact. Like never filing for our title and finding out the tag they gave us was not valid due to their issues. After 2.5 months we had not received our title so I called them. They actually asked me when we were coming to pick up our Zinger! Duh! I simply told them that my Zinger was in my driveway and that I wanted my title. Then he asked me if we had paid for it. Gee, can you imagine the steam coming out of my head. (No, we just drove up there and took it. What a stupid question!) In any event, they had to "refile" all our paperwork and told me that new tags would be mailed to us along with the title. We did not use it right away due to my knee replacement. Can you imagine what a nightmare it would have been if we had gotten on the road, got pulled over for some reason and were told that the "tags on that camper don't come up in our system."

Check out the rallies Northeast and Mason Dixon as these are the same people switching back and forth.
2013 Zinger 30KB - Sold
CrossroadsRV Rally 2013 & 2014 - Northeast Crossroads Rally 2014 - Mason-Dixon Rally 2014
BODERRVING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #25
Family Vacation Member

My camper is currently at Wincester and has been there for sometime. Not their fault, waiting on parts from Crossroads. But you can have them work on warranty work, just have the Camping World that you purchased the unit from make them a sub contractor. Its a little more work, but they CAN do it. I had to email Marcus the CEO of Camping World and he made it happen. Sometimes you need to go to the bossman to get stuff done.
2014 Sunset Trail 32bh

"I work so I can CAMP, I camp to get away from WORK"
dminer04 is offline   Reply With Quote