Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-23-2013, 10:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

I apologize if this has already been discussed, but I didn't see it in a thread.

I have a '13 32BH. Took my first trip over spring break to Gatlinburg, TN. When we arrived, the extend/retract switch on the LCI tongue jack had apparently shorted and burnt out. So...I searched high and low for the manual crank handle so I could lower the foot. Nothing in this trailer, or in the RV park for that matter, would fit the jack to lower the foot. I'll insert a link to a picture of the top of the tongue jack showing the post that is suppose to be used to lower the jack foot.

Hopefully that link works. Never used photobucket before.

The next link is the manual crank handle that Crossroads sent me after I called to complain that I did not get a handle with the trailer.

The post on the tongue jack is about 2/3 circle in shape. The crank handle they sent me has a hexagon shaped socket on the end. Obviously it doesn't operate the tongue jack. Anyone else ever run into this problem?

Also, if you have a manual crank handle for an LCI tongue jack that looks like it would work for my tongue jack, I would very much appreciate it if you could email me a picture of it so at least I know what I need. Then I can send the picture to Crossroads so they send me the correct part. My email is tnash361@gmail.com.

I did send Crossroads technical support these pictures today but haven't heard back from them yet.

Thanks!

m361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Why doesn't Crossroads look at the trailer material build list and send you the right crank. Surely you don't have the only trailer they have ever built with this particular tongue jack. You have to start wondering what the heck is going on at Crossroads.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

You should have two crank handles, the long one you have posted and a smaller black one. One is to manually crank the stabilizers down and the other is for the tounge jack.Your dealerowes you another crank.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 05:06 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

This is the best way I have found to protect my tongue jack from the weather. Dollar store bucket and your chains.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Here is the manual crank mine came with.
Old 04-27-2013, 01:54 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beamer5
Here is the manual crank mine came with.

Thanks for taking a pic of that for me. I have that handle also, but it doesn't fit the post that is on the tongue jack. I thought that handle was for the stabilizer jacks, but I haven't tried it. If you have the LCI tongue jack, would you mind posting a picture of what is under the rubber plug on top? If I understand correctly, the post under that plug is where you attach the crank handle to manually raise or lower the jack foot.
Old 04-27-2013, 03:31 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

The crank for thestabilizerslooks totally different and is gold in color it has a 3/4 inch socket head on it. Haven't actually tried this on my tongue jack yet but I know that is the intended use. If I get time I can check it out.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Problem solved! Well...not solved, but at least I know what the problem is.

I finally came to the conclusion that I must be missing something on my tongue jack. So, today I stopped by Camping World (where I bought it) and asked if I could compare the picture of my tongue jack to one on the lot. They were happy to oblige and below is what I found:

My tongue jack:

Camping World's tongue jack:

Finally! I have figured it out. Hopefully this will help anyone else out there that may not have the hex shaped piece on their tongue jack. I'd strongly suggest checking yours if you have never looked under the rubber plug. If your looks like mine and your jack won't operate electrically, you have no way to lower your jack. Crossroads assured me that they will get this piece or install a new tongue jack. They just have to contact Crossroads for authorization.

Thanks again to all who offered assistance.