Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2014, 06:58 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Leveling Trailer

Well we finally got our ST32FR out and on the road. We decided to stay at Daytona Beach and really enjoying our time. The question I have for all, is what is the best way to level the trailer. The reason I ask this, we are tilting a little to the right and the black tank is not draining right and the indicator shows half full. I want to avoid this in the future having to reposition the trailer.
Thanks all
Bill
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

You have a really bad "tilt" if that is affecting draining your waste tanks!

I will reposition the TT if the site is off. Then use 2x6 and or 1x6 under the wheels to level side to side, then front to back with tongue jack. Then put stabilizers down. You can use a level on the floor or place level on exterior wall.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 07:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Good advice from Tim. You can also buy inexpensive bubble levels that attach to front and side corners of trailer. They will show what side to level and how much. Walmart, Camping World or most RV Centers.
Reese 16K Slider Wet Bolts
socoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 08:22 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Your tanks drain from the side center so a little tilt should not affect to much . The gauge saying 1/2 is normal if you flush alot of paper down the toilet . It will stick to the sensors and stay there thus always showing false readings. I have 2 daughters that put their #1 paper in a garbage basket I keep nxt to the toilet. Try puting in a bag of ice cubes and 1/3 tank of water when you leave the site and let it flush around while driving and dump when entering next campground. that will clean the inside of black tank and your gauges should read empty...

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks you very much, never thought of that. I have a 15 year old son who lives in the toilet. And I did do what Tim said. I put 2x4 under the right tires and moved the TT to sit on them. I did notice that the doors are not closing by them self. Thanks again to all.
Old 03-29-2014, 12:03 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

a little tilt will not affect your tanks. they may be clogged or indicator not reading correctly. shine a flashlight in to see if it really is full. if not then you have a bad indicator, if it's full then you have a clog. are you using septic safe tp? make sure you flush your blank tanks after dumping and don't dump unless 2/3 full. we do not throw our tp in the trash, we put it in the black tank, no issues. also we use the geo methodto keep it clean.

to level we use lynx levelers. we have bubble levels we put on our TT to see if we are level.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

one last question, on the left side between the slides is my black tank flush. I think it called Safe-T-Flush, when I connect my hose to it, water cones out at the connection site and spraying all over, Is this normal, if not this will be another addition to the factory warranty work that needs to be done when I get back. Sorry for all of the question, learning the in and outs of a new TT and all of you are a wealth of information.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

It should not spray at the hose connection, it is just like any other garden hose connection. Is the rubber washer installed?

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

thank you, I thought so,, but had to ask
Bill
Old 03-29-2014, 05:56 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchambers View Post
one last question, on the left side between the slides is my black tank flush. I think it called Safe-T-Flush, when I connect my hose to it, water cones out at the connection site and spraying all over, Is this normal, if not this will be another addition to the factory warranty work that needs to be done when I get back. Sorry for all of the question, learning the in and outs of a new TT and all of you are a wealth of information.
You are probably talking about he water spraying at the connection under the sink ...that I had on my unit.....90 degree fiting thatt was not even tightened at the factory or even checked at the dealer...is that it?

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote