Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2017, 05:16 AM   #1
New Camper

lighting issues in Kids room and external kitchen - ST330BH 2017

Good day folks; we have a Sunset Trail 330BH 2017 travel travel. The LED lights in the kids room and external kitchen suddenly stopped working. All other lights, electrical outlets and appliances in the trailer (including the kids room and the external kitchen) work well. Did some checks and the circuit seems dead. Looked at the power panel and can`t find which fuse (15 amps) protects that circuit: it is not identified. Would it be one of the 20 amps (not identified either)? Any help would be appreciated.
mseo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I'd pull them out one at a time and check for a blown fuse. Be nice if they labeled them but Nooooooo. Welcome to the forum.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 08:44 AM   #3
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
I'd pull them out one at a time and check for a blown fuse. Be nice if they labeled them but Nooooooo. Welcome to the forum.
Thank you Papa-T. Just checked all the 15 amps fuses and they are all ok. There are 13 of them and some are identified, but most are not. There are also five 20 amps fuses (grouped together on the power panel, and not identified) that I did not touch yet. All appliances and lights seem to be covered by the 15 amps fuses. Not sure what these 20 amps would be used for.
Old 08-22-2017, 10:21 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

It could be a bad circuit on the converter, I've had the same issue. If you know which fuse protects the lights that are out, disconnect the wire from the fuse terminal and touch it to a known good circuit, make sure you turn one of the lights on so you can see it. If the lights work then switch that wire and fuse to an empty slot (if there is one).
Hope this helps, I spent 2 seasons trying to figure out why our main slide had no lights.
Cooper the Golden Retriever, and
Sam the black lab.
CampMacKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:16 AM   #5
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampMacKay View Post
It could be a bad circuit on the converter, I've had the same issue. If you know which fuse protects the lights that are out, disconnect the wire from the fuse terminal and touch it to a known good circuit, make sure you turn one of the lights on so you can see it. If the lights work then switch that wire and fuse to an empty slot (if there is one).
Hope this helps, I spent 2 seasons trying to figure out why our main slide had no lights.
Thank you CampMackay for the tip!! Will give this a try on Labor Day weekend!!! And yes, I have three (3) empty slots.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Also make sure you don't have a wall outlet that has the reset that could've tripped.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 04:51 PM   #7
Gone Traveling

The lights will be 12 volt, appliances are120 volt with breakers. I'd pull the light fixtures one at at time & check the connections they most likely will have several tied together.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote