Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2015, 11:43 AM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by loogie17 View Post
X2 Harley. Also when same problem continues to have bandaids applied by cr & lci. Then your 1yr warranty has expired.

That's why, in my opinion, an extended warranty is worth the cost.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 12:27 PM   #22
Family Vacation Member

We have one but when it a problem that is noted by others on more than one occasion it becomes o design or manufacturing fault. Some one suggested Ntsb & God forbid, when there are some serious injuries & lawsuits maybe Ntsb will get involved. Also mfgrd & component suppliers will be held accountable.
loogie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 06:09 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

I would be very careful with crossroads. I had an issue (along w many others if u research) the paint on the front cap faded. EVERYTHING is only under warranty for a year. Crossroads no help. They do not back their products.
Stephenm781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 08:45 PM   #24
Site Team

Very few back their product when it's out of warranty. This faded cap issue is a rv manufacturer wide problem.

All my in warranty issues were covered by Crossroads. They did not deny 1 claim.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Old 11-16-2015, 04:45 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Very few back their product when it's out of warranty. This faded cap issue is a rv manufacturer wide problem.

All my in warranty issues were covered by Crossroads. They did not deny 1 claim.
Thats good for you. My point is any reputable company will back a product if it is something related to an issue out of the consumers control. 1 year for paint is ok if there is no issue with the process. My point is,they used an inferior product/process probably made to just get past the one year mark and take no responsibility for it. I would prefer a company standby their product, within reason of course.I am a fanatic and keep my things up the delay in the paint fading was probably due to me waxing it. Thats what I get for caring about my investment.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:51 AM   #26
Weekend Camper

Quote:
What you will find is that those with problems will complain, and I don't blame them. Those that do not have problems don't usually come on and say everything is great. Compared to the number of rvs sold, the amount of complaints are fairly minimal compared to the amount of satisfied owners.
But on this forum, everyone has a right to post their opinions as long as the rules of the forum are followed.
The other thing is if you look at my prior rposts. I mentioned that other than the paint fade that we are very happy with our unit. I have no problem doing minor repairs. It is a large investment and the product should be reliable. The extended warranty wouldnt be needed if CR built their units using the right products/process. I am a reasonable person and can suck up when the time is right this issue is on CR and they are ducking It every time they can. A good company would cover it to keep customers coming back.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:57 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephenm781 View Post
I am a reasonable person and can suck up when the time is right this issue is on CR and they are ducking It every time they can. A good company would cover it to keep customers coming back.
I have to agree... this is definitely making me second guess our decision to buy from CR. If they used a cheaper process just to get past the warranty period so they could say, "Tough luck, we have your money now suckers!" then they aren't a company I want to do business with.

Maybe if their representative on here could post a statement that they were fixing the issue since it was their vendor's fault and not the customer's, that would be different.

After all, CR probably got a HUGE refund/discount from their paint vendor when the problem was discovered. Why isn't that being used to fix the problem for their customers? Instead, it appears they are just pocketing it.

Not cool, and if this is an "industry wide issue" as someone said, I would suggest anyone affected call and write your state's Attorney General's office with all of the details and also contact the state Attorney General of CR's state. That should help you get a resolution.

But I don't think I'll buy from a company that makes you go those extremes for them to fix THEIR problem...
Old 11-16-2015, 09:33 AM   #28
Full Time Camper

Remember that it is not a 'paint 'issue. The fiberglass caps are a gelcoat just like a boat. no paint. Dark colour/color boats fade and always have. The only fix is to clear coat before fading or painting and clearing after fade. Cap manufacturer should be covering cost ,imo.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 12:29 PM   #29
Site Team

I posted this from another thread.

No one denies that the faded caps are not an issue. What the point is that Crossroads have approved repainting for some, and not for others. By posting the below quotes show that Rv manufacturers across the spectrum have issues that are not being addressed. Is there a solution?? I don't know.
But buying from any manufacturer can result is dissatisfaction.

Quotes from other Rv forums.

Jayco;
Quote:
I'm annoyed that after spending $30K+ on a new camper to buy it, deliver it, and equip it, this can happen within the first few months of ownership.
I find the motto "Generations of Family Fun" ironic. I seriously question whether this camper (which I have now made 6 of 120 payments towards) will actually last long enough for my son to use when he gets his driver's license
Forest River:
Quote:
I Purchased a Sabre 5th wheel (non Silhouette) and have had nothing but factory type issues. Finally after two years I think I have enough confidence in it to travel comfortably. Not trying to scare you. All these rigs have issues. I just think Forest River and Sabre have more than normal.
Keystone:
Quote:
it seems as though Keystone believes the shelf life of a $40K+ 5th wheel is 3 years! Now I'll have to go through my insurance company to try and fix a manufacturers defect because the company refuses to stand by their product! Frankly I expect better from a company like Keystone. I'm going to turn to the Good Sam Club and see if they can bring some pressure on Keystone to stand behind their products.
As you can see, Crossroads is not the only Rv with owners issues. So, if you sell your Crossroads, what other brand do you buy that will have total customer satisfaction?????

Old 11-16-2015, 01:28 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Quote:
what other brand do you buy that will have total customer satisfaction?????
I definitely recognize this point having owned a business with 50,000 customers. Mistakes are sometimes made, sometimes customer service doesn't deliver 100% like they should, etc.

My assumption when I visit these various forums for the different companies is that you will have some very happy people who like to gather and share their experiences and also some very unhappy people who Googled the company and "forum" and are here to complain or seek out help. The ratio of happy to unhappy on a forum is NEVER the real ratio for a company because 99% of HAPPY customers never seek out a forum!

But I am a little surprised to hear about this problem that was due to a vendor error that wasn't quickly fixed for customers when discovered. Maybe it is because I dealt with vendor problems for many years and I always tried to make things right for my customers... but maybe that is old fashioned thinking!
Old 11-16-2015, 02:56 PM   #31
Weekend Camper

So.. does anyone know if they're still having this fading problem with the 2016 models?
Old 11-16-2015, 04:37 PM   #32
Full Time Camper

They went with a lighter beige color on the cap which will still fade but lighter colors will take a polish better and not show fade. Example of this is all the older trailers with a white cap . My older one showed oxidation and after buffing n...looked great.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 04:38 PM   #33
Full Time Camper

I have a new one with a light colored cap. I hope that makes a difference and it doesn't fade. I also payed extra for a protective coat application that is supposed to help protect the entire rig exterior. Also applied to upholstery. That application came with a guarantee, so I figured what the heck, especially after reading about past issues. I think I read someone stating their light colored was fading though, but not sure now.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM   #34
Weekend Camper

RVer Unfortunately the old school way of taking care of your customers like u have done is a thing of the past. These guys just want to put big numbers up. Its really too bad. Thanks for your input. I wish u were in the RV biz!! 2014 Sunset Trail 32FR
Old 12-05-2015, 06:58 AM   #35
New Camper

Jon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
Hey folks!

I'm new here, but we're 95% sure we're going with a CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH, so I hope to be around these parts in the future.

That said, we've never bought anything bigger than a pop-up, and we've been looking at all of the available options in this size/length/layout for a while now because this seems to be exactly what we need...

So I am just curious if any current/previous owners have any feedback on their experience with the Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH OR with Crossroads in general?

THANK YOU!
Hello, I just joined the family forum. We purchased a 2015 Sunset Trail ST 27BH this last April. If you have made your purchase already, you may already have ran across these deficiencies in construction. The front queen bed frame system needed immediate strengthening. I also boxed In the drain line that is the storage area underneath the bunkhouse unit in the back as well as walling off the backflow preventer system for the black water tank flush in the same area. Also carefully inspect all waterlines for kinks I found one for the outside shower supply at purchase but missed the freshwater vent line being kinked until just recently. If you are purchasing a 2015, most likely the pilot assembly for your oven is the wrong part number and your oven will not stay lit once it comes up to temperature. Working with crossroads warranty service department was a real pain to get right pilot installed. I would verify that oven works properly before taking delivery. One last thing, verify that the black and gray water drains are adjusted properly so that you don't get a rude surprise on your first trip to the dump station.
Now that we seem to have the bugs worked out and the trailer set up the way we want it, we are pleased with the unit as a whole. All the other systems seem to be operating correctly at this time. The trailer pulls down the road very well with the wider stance of the tandem axles. I did have to buy a new pulling vehicle because my 2007 Chevy truck with the 5.3 did not have enough power once we got the trailer loaded. We purchased a 2015 Chevy with the upgraded 5.3 engine and a 342 rear end and it does an outstanding job of pulling trailer. I hope this was helpful.
jtProsser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 06:17 PM   #36
Weekend Camper

I haven't pulled the trigger because the size of the tanks is my last hang-up. We'll see what happens when I go to the January shows around here to double-check all of my options! Thanks to everyone for their feedback, and I hope other owners will have a chance to post their thoughts on this model if they have the time!
Old 12-14-2015, 11:15 AM   #37
Weekend Camper

We bought a 2014 sunset trail 270b new. The last two summers the factory and the dealer had it more than we had it. I understand the small things wrong with it, but we had major water leaks on the front cap and slide out side. Several problems with the A/C,now trouble with the heat. I think once we get the bugs worked out of it It will be enjoyable. We love the layout. The factory is only worried about producing numbers like all the other companys. I had no trouble with factory working with me. Only thing they could have extended the warranty for a lot longer than they gave me.
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #38
Weekend Camper

Thank you again for all of your feedback. I'm still looking at the 2016 model or Jayco White Hawk 28DSBH. I like the bigger tanks on the Jayco, but I want to see one in person before making a decision. Thank you again for all of your feedback!
Old 01-14-2016, 06:51 PM   #39
Weekend Camper

Any other feedback? Everyone here has been very helpful! Thank you!
Old 01-19-2016, 08:19 AM   #40
Weekend Camper

A friend is asking me if this model has a plywood floor... does anyone know? Thank you!