Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Looking at the Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH... any feedback?

Hey folks!

I'm new here, but we're 95% sure we're going with a CrossRoads Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH, so I hope to be around these parts in the future.

That said, we've never bought anything bigger than a pop-up, and we've been looking at all of the available options in this size/length/layout for a while now because this seems to be exactly what we need...

So I am just curious if any current/previous owners have any feedback on their experience with the Sunset Trail Super Lite 270BH OR with Crossroads in general?

THANK YOU!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

We moved up from a Rockwood Roo 23SS which was a step up from our old Starcraft popup. So far we are very happy with ours. There were a few small things I didn't like but our dealer has been really good, working with us to correct things we found on delivery and during our first trip.
Take note that Crossroads is about to increase the factory warranty on these units. May want to wait until that occurs before purchasing.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 12:53 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Our daughter has a 2015 Sunset Trail 270BH fifth wheel. She is really happy with it. One floor plan issue she has is that you cannot access the bathroom without putting a slide out, but she likes the rest of it so she lives with that. She has had only minor issues with it and is generally very happy with the unit and the quality.

She likes the large bunks. A travel trailer with the same amount of space would give her a bigger footprint, which she did not like. I convinced her to think about a fifth wheel as it gives you as much trailer with a shorter overall towing length. She also finds the 5er more stable on the road than her previous unit, which was a TT.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 01:49 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

On behalf of CrossRoads, welcome and thanks for considering our product!

Our owners provide a wealth of knowledge and experience, I learn new things from them every time I log on! Should you have any questions specifically for the factory or need any assistance with our customer service department, please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message.

We're here to help!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 04:25 PM   #5
New Camper

We just bought an M32FR - love it ! So sorry the weather is getting cold here !

2013 Sunset Trail BH
Kgreenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
On behalf of CrossRoads, welcome and thanks for considering our product!
Thanks! This might be something you could answer or maybe someone else here can. What are the differences between the 2015 and 2016 models? Thank you!
Old 10-28-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVer View Post
Thanks! This might be something you could answer or maybe someone else here can. What are the differences between the 2015 and 2016 models? Thank you!
Just talked to one of the reps for Sunset Trail! A couple of things have changed between the 2015 and 2016 models. Some 2016 changes are:

1) New Front Cap

2) Solid wood table top (dinette)

3) 30 in. entry door

4) Solid wood pocket doors in bedroom (instead of fabric)

5) LED interior lighting

There are some other minor changes, but they are mostly cosmetic. Hope this is helpful!
Old 10-28-2015, 09:08 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianM View Post
Just talked to one of the reps for Sunset Trail! A couple of things have changed between the 2015 and 2016 models. Some 2016 changes are:

1) New Front Cap

2) Solid wood table top (dinette)

3) 30 in. entry door

4) Solid wood pocket doors in bedroom (instead of fabric)

5) LED interior lighting

There are some other minor changes, but they are mostly cosmetic. Hope this is helpful!
Very helpful, thank you!
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We have ST270BH and happy with overall purchase.

Floor plan meets our needs and like having bath door on driver's side.

We currently pull it with 2013 GMC Yukon XL and seems to be towing fine but looking into other tow vehicles to minimize wear and tear.
Tltdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:48 AM   #10
New Camper

We bought the same make and model we only have had it for a month used it once but we love it ,we also had a pop up and wanted to up grade ,it take a little getting use too from the pop up to the travel trailer but you will love it.

Pat Butler
Sunset trail SL 270BH
Pat3612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 09:04 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

We have had the ST270BH for two years now. We love it. Many features we are really liking that we didn't know about. Our outdoor sink is tied into the gray tank, I think they changed that.

We changed all the lighting to LED. Very comfortable and have had minimal issues.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:07 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

We have a 2016 30 RK. It is our 4th camper. Started with a new Sunline 32' bunk TT, then moved uo to a new 28' Jayo Eagle 5th wheel. After a break in camping due to job relocation we bought a used 2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 28 RLS. After a few years with it we decided to get a new TT and head west next summer.
Loved the lay out and appearance of the Sunset Trail Reserve 30 RK.

WHAT A MISTAKE BUYING A CROSSROAD PRODUCT.

Please read some of the other threads posted here and do yourself a favor and buy from a different company. The dealer has had mine more then I have. It was in the shop twice before I even used it once. Did a two week trip and it is been in for repairs for over a month now. Crossroad cuts corners every way possible and very poor workmanship. Mine is going up for sale as soon as I can get it back from the dealer.

RUN FOREST, RUN................
JWKohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:46 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKohrman View Post
We have a 2016 30 RK. It is our 4th camper. Started with a new Sunline 32' bunk TT, then moved uo to a new 28' Jayo Eagle 5th wheel. After a break in camping due to job relocation we bought a used 2010 Coachmen Freedom Express 28 RLS. After a few years with it we decided to get a new TT and head west next summer.
Loved the lay out and appearance of the Sunset Trail Reserve 30 RK.

WHAT A MISTAKE BUYING A CROSSROAD PRODUCT.

Please read some of the other threads posted here and do yourself a favor and buy from a different company. The dealer has had mine more then I have. It was in the shop twice before I even used it once. Did a two week trip and it is been in for repairs for over a month now. Crossroad cuts corners every way possible and very poor workmanship. Mine is going up for sale as soon as I can get it back from the dealer.

RUN FOREST, RUN................
Hi there!

So sorry to hear you have been having problems with your unit. On behalf of CrossRoads, I have contacted your privately to get more information and see how I can help!

Talk to you soon

Christian
Old 11-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

the amount of haters on this website is troubling....
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:30 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

Here's the deal...Our Sunset Trail 250RB has changed our lives and our relationship...maybe that is a RV thing....but we went to the PA RV show in Harrisburg....toured a few $500K Class A's ...ended up at our 250RB and both agreed we picked the perfect TR...peace brothers....Glory be, glory be....
blkdth1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:35 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdth1313 View Post
the amount of haters on this website is troubling....

What you will find is that those with problems will complain, and I don't blame them. Those that do not have problems don't usually come on and say everything is great. Compared to the number of rvs sold, the amount of complaints are fairly minimal compared to the amount of satisfied owners.
But on this forum, everyone has a right to post their opinions as long as the rules of the forum are followed.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 11:36 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
What you will find is that those with problems will complain, and I don't blame them. Those that do not have problems don't usually come on and say everything is great. Compared to the number of rvs sold, the amount of complaints are fairly minimal compared to the amount of satisfied owners.
But on this forum, everyone has a right to post their opinions as long as the rules of the forum are followed.

OH!! So True!
Hundred posts when angry, only a few after H A P P Y
Old 11-14-2015, 08:14 AM   #18
New Camper

I agree. Sometimes it's better to use your own screwdriver instead of taking back to the dealer.
Ridgerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 09:18 AM   #19
Full Time Camper

It might not only be complaining, but venting about some of the stupid little things that should never have been allowed to leave the factory in the first place. And letting others know what to look for on theirs and sometimes how to fix it .

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 11:39 AM   #20
Family Vacation Member

X2 Harley. Also when same problem continues to have bandaids applied by cr & lci. Then your 1yr warranty has expired.
loogie17 is offline   Reply With Quote