Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #1
New Camper

Looking for recommendations

My husband and I are heading to the Hershey RV show. We have found a Sunset Trail bunkhouse that we really like. Only problem is that I can't find any reviews on either the company, trailer, or service.

Hope some of you can help me.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
MomBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

In my opinion they are very cheaply made. I personally would research some of the better brands. Join one of the many RV Forums and you will get a better sense of which ones hold up. Some brands don't have all the axle or slide problems that Thor products do. I would recommend checking several manufacturers and look at the finishing touches. Crawl under it and see how well it's put together.
Ksh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 10:58 AM   #3
Site Team

That all sounds good, but, you might have to look a long time to find one that Thor isn't connected to/with/owns.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:07 AM   #4
New Camper

We also like the Grand Design and Forest River Heritage Glen

Old 09-14-2016, 11:51 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBomb View Post
We also like the Grand Design and Forest River Heritage Glen

The Grand Design is getting some really good reviews, especially on customer service.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 01:44 PM   #6
Site Team

It's impossible to find a brand without problems. I've had my '13 Cruiser for 4 seasons now and I'm very satisfied with it. The quality of the build is great and the problems I had were the products supplied to Crossroads from outside sources.

Usually the forums will have many more complaints then compliments. I don't care what forum you check, they basically state the same.

Do your research and ask questions. We bought ours at the Hershey show and got a fantastic deal. No other dealer came close.

Good luck with your search.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 02:36 PM   #7
New Camper

Thanks for the replies.

Old 09-15-2016, 08:54 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

We searched around and took delivery in February a 2016 Sunset Trail 250RB. We have had the camper out 6 times this year with two trips over a week at a time. The only issue we have had is the AC not blowing cold air and it was fixed under warranty. Basically the dealer had to go in and reseal the unit with AC tape to ensure the return was sucking up the supply air.

I have heard quality issues and things of that nature with some Crossroads products but your mileage may vary from camper to camper. Just make sure if you buy one do a thorough PDI (pre-delivery inspection) with the dealer. We may not keep our camper for long as we have found the need for more space. There will be an RV show in January that we will attend in Sevierville, TN and will see what is available. We may move away from a travel trailer and get a 5th wheel.

Good luck and do your research!
Old 09-15-2016, 12:27 PM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MomBomb View Post
My husband and I are heading to the Hershey RV show. We have found a Sunset Trail bunkhouse that we really like. Only problem is that I can't find any reviews on either the company, trailer, or service.

Hope some of you can help me.

Which bunkhouse model are you interested in? We have the 33BD bunkhouse and absolutely love it. As others have said, every manufacturer has issues. We have only had a couple of very minor items and Crossroads took care of it. Our last trailer was a forest river. There was a mystery leak that nobody could find but FR wouldn't replace the water damaged cabinets, they would only attempt to fix the roof leak. over and over and over again.

I personally believe that a reputable dealer is more important than the brand. A good dealer will stand by you and ensure everything is to your satisfaction and will fight for you with the manufacturer.
Old 09-17-2016, 11:30 AM   #10
New Camper

Don't buy a cruiser air. The company does not stand behind their product!! Problems happen and are frustrating but a company that ignores them just not right. I am their best advertisement! Don't buy Cruiser Air!
rhemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 10:29 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

xx2