Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2012, 12:36 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

I am getting a 2013 sunset trail resreve 25rb soon and am wondering if anyone has modified the rear outside cook kitchen to add a gas stove? There is a fridge,bbq,sink , but no stove?? what gives?

I was thinking of adding a stove with a sliding tray in the compartment under the fridge?

any ideas out therethx
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

we almost purchased the 25RB, went with the 30rk instead. But I was going to do just that with the outside kitchen. I figured I could add drawer rails and a platform for a stove top to sit on and slide in and out of one of the drawers openings.
here is the stove
http://compare.ebay.com/like/3604852...s&var=sbar

2013 Sunset Trail 30RK

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps1d70353a.jpg
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I was also thinking of the 30rk. nice big window to see your own campsite, where the 25rb and most tt's lets you look at the rear of the site. I just decided to stop at the 30' overall length...

thanks for the link to the stoves.
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:01 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
A coleman stove would work just as well and give you some flexibility as to where to place it. You could store it in the drawer space.

I carry one of those foldup table things for the camp stove that works really well and also gives you counter space you need when cooking.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I would have been happy with the 25RB but the wife didn't like how the bed was right up against the wall at the foot. And I didn't care for the swivel TV. I did like the outside kitchen and wish it was in my 30RK

2013 Sunset Trail 30RK

Old 09-19-2012, 11:56 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Hello,
I do want add caution about the stove. I have a 31SB Zinger and I have the outdoor kitchen but it did not come with the stove but it did come with a propane line all the way back to my camper. I thought cool I will buy a propane hose and plug into my Coleman stove and it did not work. From what i am being told the regulators that come on the Coleman stoves and other brands does not allow enough gas pressure from your tanks to pass through. So I am stuck with a $30.00 worthless gas line and still carrying around the little propane tanks. I do not mean to high jack your thread but if anyone here knows how to make my $30.00 gas line work I am all ears. I really do not want to change out my regulators.

luvtocamp7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

We store our Coleman under the sink, fits perfectly, and just set up a small folding table under the door kinda like an L shape and it works fine.

I'm with luvtocamp7 for any info on how to hook into the big tanks?

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

The grill that came with my 30RK and hooks into that rear gas line on the camperdoes not have a regulator. I think the gas line on the camper is already regulated up at your 20 or 30 pound tanks.

2013 Sunset Trail 30RK

Old 09-19-2012, 11:35 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to wincrasher
The coleman stove has it's own regulator of sorts. You can't have 2 in a line. You can get a hose to use a big gas bottle instead of the disposables - that's what I do. Besides, the quick disconnect is being used by the grill anyways, so if you want to use a cooktop while you are grilling, then you need to use a portable stove.

Ideally, I would rather replace the grill with something bigger that also has a couple of side burners. But haven't found anything suitable that will attach to the bumper like what I have.
wincrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #10
Seasonal Camper

I plan on making a "T" fitting off the quick disconnect and adding another line for my stove. And it is correct that you have to bypass the regulator on the stove so you dont drop the gas pressure any more than it already is.
BUT
I would caution you to visit a gas appliance expert if you are not sure what will and will not work. If you are not sure....let someone else do it for you.

Old 02-26-2013, 11:25 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

We bought a folding table at Walmarts for $14 and I put my one burner electric hotplate in the cabinets and figure I could use that along with the grill. Works for me.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:34 AM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I did the same and it works great.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote