Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 07:35 PM   #61
Seasonal Camper

Its just another discussion, one of many on this site.

You guys have contacts in CrossRoads Inc? Maybe you can ask them for us.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 PM   #62
Site Team

Actually, all moderators are members just like you guys. We have no connection, nor do we want to have, any connection to Crossroads. That leaves us free to discuss anything without answering to anybody, but the forum administrators.

Contact ChristianM if you have any questions you would like answered by Crossroads. She is a pr rep for them.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
Old 10-22-2015, 08:23 PM   #63
Seasonal Camper

Ok.
No questions on this topic.
2015 ST270BH
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #64
Weekend Camper

I can understand the point of "not knowing" what the wet spot on the site is if the site is being turned over fairly quickly. I would probably feel the same way.

I just do not understand why campgrounds have such heartache over gray water. Fully get it if the site is next to water or could potentially impact a drinking water source. I have a bigger issue with campgrounds not having a hose hookup at the dump station so that I can rinse & flush my black tank. Our DNR requires some stupid "J" nozzle thingy that is useless.

Please understand, I do not advocate site pollution nor do I haphazardly use my outdoor sink without regard to my fellow campers.
Old 10-22-2015, 10:29 PM   #65
Family Vacation Member

I'm a complete newby to all things camping. My 1st season is under my belt, 10 trips, lots of miles, tons of fun!

I've used my outside kitchen all season and ran the water straight into the ground, mostly just rinsing my hands while i cooked, some soap. Is this considered haphazardly without regard for my fellow campers? Just trying to learn.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 AM   #66
Family Vacation Member

Look at it this way showers are gray waters and some folks are washing off your butt and other things and lets face it some folks out there even pee in the shower. I don't want it on the ground. Not is it just pots and pans but there are other things in this mix. You get gas or grease on your hands and other yard waste,what do you do like me wash them in the sink. That isn't good for the ground. How about if you boil lobsters and other salt shell fish. just dump that on the ground and see what happens it is the best round up on the market. Grass dies. No put it in the gray tank. I would demand Cross Roads make it right or they can pay the fines. Here in PA get caught doing that, It is not a good thing.

John and Julie
Dubois, PA
2015 Zinger ZT31SB- 2008 Toyota Tundra
Old 10-23-2015, 06:50 PM   #67
Seasonal Camper

Jimmerz what you are doing is no different than using the outside shower. Which is perfectly acceptable to everyone. I dont see the issue but some on here do.
2015 ST270BH
Old 10-23-2015, 06:58 PM   #68
Site Team

The fact is—Cross Roads made a BIG mistake when they allowed these units with an outside sink that wasn't plumbed into a waste tank to be put out on the market for the unsuspecting consumer to purchase.

That being said, just because you have one that needs a bucket to catch the slop doesn’t mean there is any way for you to try and justify it being OK to let it run on the ground in your site or to toss it in the brush on the edge of your site.
There is getting to be more and more campers every year. Stop and think about it this way. If everybody that camps in your favorite site did that when they camped there, what kind of a slop hole do you think it might be by the time you got back there to camp again?
This isn't an issue of what tent campers or pop up units did years ago. It's an issue of being self respecting and respecting those who follow you.
These CR units of today should have all amenities that other brands have, and expecting something as simple as the waste water being plumbed into a tank is pretty basic.
Anybody that has one of these crude rigs should be all over their dealer and Cross Roads demanding it be made right.
Old 10-24-2015, 09:03 AM   #69
Full Time Camper

I hate to keep this going on , but I think the OP has a sink that pulls out ( not permanently installed in the countertop of the out kitch)
Obvisously CR could not figure out a way to have the drain pipe flexible enough to keep it from leaking after numerous times of sliding the sink in and out.
Draining to the ground was their answer...I guess.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
Old 10-24-2015, 12:33 PM   #70
Site Team

You're right harley. It's probably time to put this one to rest.
Closed Thread

Tags
hose, outdoor kitchen, sink, train