Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 09-10-2015, 08:06 PM   #41
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tn
Posts: 384
I really dont understand everyones issue with this. If you have used a small basin to wash dishes outside, what do you do with the water? You arent carrying it to a drain in the campground bathroom. You dump it in the grass or toss it into the woods.
Whats the difference with this?
If it really bugs you is it so hard to run a short length of hose to a small tank, or your portable honey pot, to drain it?
__________________
Burgy
(Kevin and Lisa)
2008 Nissan Titan
2015 ST270BH
http://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #42
New Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: MI
Posts: 2
We use a bucket to catch the water and then use that bucket at the end of the night to put out the campfire. We use the outdoor sink minimally for rinsing or washing hands.
jmoore6915 is offline  
Old 09-28-2015, 11:12 AM   #43
Seasonal Camper
 
hondavalk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ohio
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
I really dont understand everyones issue with this. If you have used a small basin to wash dishes outside, what do you do with the water? You arent carrying it to a drain in the campground bathroom. You dump it in the grass or toss it into the woods.
Whats the difference with this?
If it really bugs you is it so hard to run a short length of hose to a small tank, or your portable honey pot, to drain it?
The metro parks in my area do have a " no dumping gray water on ground" posted in their campground rules. They do expect you to dump dish water at the bathroom slop sinks. Just say-in
__________________
hondavalk
2008 Tundra 5.7L
2013 ST29SS
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline  
Old 10-13-2015, 05:55 PM   #44
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 17
I have a 32BH and the outdoor sink drains into the black tank. Just run water from it when black tank is empty and you will see it. I have a clear view on my discharge connector
onlywvu is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 06:12 PM   #45
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 21
I have 2016 30 RKS with the outside kitchen and the sinks drains on to the ground. The 2nd grey tank for the kitchen is right there but nope, Crossroad thinks the waste water should go on the ground. Most states and camp grounds will arrest or throw you out for that violation. I removed the slider containing the sink, cook top. It is now a great storage area.
JWKohrman is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 PM   #46
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 21
Most states can fine you for dumping grey water on the ground. Same reason you don't swim in the lake with a bar of soap to take a bath. That is why camp grounds have a sink, dish washing area. On my 30 RKS the grey tank is literally right under the outside kitchen sink. Either pipe it to the tank or don't put the sink in the trailer. No brainer..........
JWKohrman is offline  
Old 10-20-2015, 06:20 PM   #47
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: FL
Posts: 21
WOW !!!!!!!!!!!
Didn't think that was legal.
JWKohrman is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 05:20 PM   #48
Seasonal Camper
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Tn
Posts: 384
Did you guys ever camp in a popup? All the ones I've ever owned have had an external drain for the small sink inside. You as the owner are expected to put a tank under it and dump it at the waste station. No biggie.
No difference here.
__________________
Burgy
(Kevin and Lisa)
2008 Nissan Titan
2015 ST270BH
http://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 06:42 PM   #49
Full Time Camper
 
Tim D's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: So IL
Posts: 1,811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgy View Post
Did you guys ever camp in a popup? All the ones I've ever owned have had an external drain for the small sink inside. You as the owner are expected to put a tank under it and dump it at the waste station. No biggie.
No difference here.
I disagree. This may be the expectation with a pop-up (never owned one) but even my outside kitchen sink drains to the gray water tank. The standard is not to drain your grey water onto your campsite or have to deal with buckets.
__________________

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline  
Old 10-21-2015, 06:52 PM   #50
Site Team
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: WI.
Posts: 7,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
I disagree. This may be the expectation with a pop-up (never owned one) but even my outside kitchen sink drains to the gray water tank. The standard is not to drain your grey water onto your campsite or have to deal with buckets.
I fully agree.
__________________
08 CF26RK
Lloyd is offline  
Closed Thread

Tags
hose, outdoor kitchen, sink, train

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.