Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2015, 09:10 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Quality issues Sunset Trail Reserve 2016 30RKS

Just got back from our maiden voyage with our new 30 RKS. Had few issues before we left and discovered a couple more while on the road.

15kBTU A/C can't keep the trailer cool.
Awning under powered, winds up crooked and no limit switch when extending.
Pantry shelves not level. Also will not stay in place when traveling.
No stops on showers doors, come off track when driving. Also seals come off glass doors.
No way to secure the sofa. Wiped out the dinette when driving home from dealer.
Door on outside fridge had to be reversed.
Paid $600 for the outside TV and wiring, yet they didn't supply both halves of the mounting bracket.
Dinette table crooked, loose and too high for the supplied chairs.
Loose wire in thermostat, AC stopped working.
JWKohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 10:55 AM   #2
Site Team

Good thing it's warranty. I know many down south have to install a second a/c in bedroom. Don't know of anyone having to strap down the sofa. Can you install rubber foot pads to stop the sliding?? They can reset the position of the dinette table. Is it a free standing table?? As far as height of table, there seems to be a standard height. Measure other dinettes at the dealer to compare. Where you able to fix the thermostat??
Hope you could get all your issues resolved. Good luck

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Thermostat wire was fixed by the dealer.
Free standing table is a fixed mounted pedestal. Top slides out to extend a leaf. Hopefully it can be tightened up but I think there is too much play in the slide tracks. Table is 32" high. We added chair cushions which help. Appears the table is a bit high and the chair legs are short. No big deal.
AC unit not being able to cool off the trailer is my biggest concern. It seems the solution will be coming from my pocket and it won't be cheap.
Old 11-13-2015, 07:25 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

2016 30 RK
Nov 13 and trailer is still at the dealers........Dropped it off Oct 09.

Waiting for parts for the power vent in bathroom. Still can't find a bracket that bolts up to the TV and fits the outside wall mount.

I think the dining table has been repaired, along with shower door seals, pantry shelve, window valances.

For some reason he can't seem to be able to provide an estimate for a 2nd AC unit.

anybody want to buy a lightly used trailer???????
Old 11-13-2015, 07:41 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Sorry to hear you have been having issues! Would like to do some legwork to see how I can help. I have private messaged you to get more information :-)

Already posted this on another thread, but just wanted to touch bases.

Thanks!

Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 07:57 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

You can nail a narrow strip of wood to the pantry shelves if they are not staying in place on the road. A person shouldn't have to do that but its an alternative to leaving your trailer with your dealer.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:49 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

I plan to add brackets, supports to the shelves. Just waiting to get it back from the dealer and then figure what height I want for the shelves.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:58 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I added to the width of the shelf so it would not fall off the brackets but would still be adjustable.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:47 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

2016 ST Reserve 30 RK
Yea !!!!!!!
Nov 14 and just got the trailer back from the dealer.

They repaired pantry shelves, bathroom electric vent and tightened the dinette.

Still no TV bracket.

He forgot to do an estimate for a 2nd AC unit w/ a separate power supply. He did say it could be done in the bed room, but need to research some more to see if it would fit in the kitchen skylight opening. Will cost around $1,400

Here's a good one.........he said the divider (seal) between the air return and supply was bad. Most likely caused by all the humidity. I'm not sure about this. When the trailer was 3 days old I brought it in for this under cooling issue. The dealer said they checked this seal. Since then I have only used the trailer for 3 weeks. I really hope they solved the problem. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 11-14-2015, 11:49 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Oh,

Regarding the awning issue ....... "It's the way it is designed"

Oh well.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:56 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

You are not the only one with issues. We have a 2016 ST30RK also. I was surprised by some of the quality issues and design flaws. We are not new to the camping world, so we expected some issues...not as many as we have found though. I'm sure after all the fixes it will be a great trailer. Ours is at the dealer for the second time trying to get the fridge to run on LP. Most of the items I am going to fix myself because we bought the trailer to use, not sit at the dealer. Here is my list. Anyone having these issues with your 30RK as well? (I am worried about the AC keeping up too. Yes...sometimes California gets hot.) Here we go:
-stereo remote missing battery clip that inserts in the bottom of the remote
-fireplace remote missing
-no light by outdoor kitchen - (no outdoor light without awning open)
-wood slats under outdoor mini-fridge are wrong. can only get two of the little legs on at once, so fridge never sits level.
-kitchen table wobbles enough to spill drinks. (we have the dinette)
-water pump is not rubber mounted (loud) and supply line from the water tank is permanently kinked because they didn't leave enough slack in the line
-our first trip the dinette seat backrest by the couch broke. (It's only held in with staples)
-no tv mount for bedroom wall (got one from ebay for $12). However, where HDMI port is at on our TV (24in LG) it will not slide on the other bracket, even with a 90 degree HDMI adapter. so we need to find another TV.
-the gas shock under the bed will not hold the bed up
-shower doors shift when moving and plastic seals fall off (fixed this with some rubber tipped clamps on the rails before we leave. 2in spring clamp)
-stabilizer jack switches are mounted so low that all the wires behind are shoved into the water pump and stored items can bump into the switches while going down the road (I am going to rotate the panel 180 degrees so the switches are up top)
-kitchen blinds will not go up or down (dealer is looking at this for the second time too) I think I might just put in residential quality blinds
-interior roof panel seam in the slide above the kitchen table is pulling out the staples and the panel seam is uneven now. starting to pull off the decorative seam tape.
- half the rivets are popping out of the LP cover.
-no battery shut off switch (installed a perko now)
-several of the interior cabinet doors barely stay closed because the catches are mounted too far back. can't put anything heavy in those or they open going down the road
-slide sags when open, so we have to pick if we want the kitchen table or the kitchen counter level.

I think I can fix almost all of these issues myself, but this is supposed to be a higher end trailer and it makes me wonder what other issues we haven't discovered yet. Sorry to be a downer guys! We have a large camping group we travel with and the other trailers don't have as many problems- Montana, Komfort, Cougar, Sprinter, Rockwood, Salem, and a Jayco.
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
30rks, a/c, awning