Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2017, 11:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Replacement front cap

Does anyone know the cost of a replacement front cap? Mine was cracked and also had the fading going on. CrossRoads was no help. Made an agreement with the dealer to replace the front cap again as they had already replaced it one time, which I think caused the cracks. And they are going to paint it also. Clear coat I think he said. I agreed to $2100 to have this done. Feel Like I got a good deal and the dealer stepped up to the plate to help. Also if you get an extended warranty and they tell you it covers everything from hitch to bumper it's BS. Wouldn't even discuss the cracked cap and I used that as a lever with the dealer to negotiate the repair.

Still would like to know the cap cost. Tried to find out from CrossRoads and all I got was we don't sell parts to private parties.

Mike
Old 01-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Try this

I know Lazy Acres in Atherly Ontario changes them.
Jeffur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

My camper is at the dealer now. Was just wondering if anyone knew what they cost.

Mike
mlockner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:04 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlockner View Post
Does anyone know the cost of a replacement front cap? Mine was cracked and also had the fading going on. CrossRoads was no help. Made an agreement with the dealer to replace the front cap again as they had already replaced it one time, which I think caused the cracks. And they are going to paint it also. Clear coat I think he said. I agreed to $2100 to have this done. Feel Like I got a good deal and the dealer stepped up to the plate to help. Also if you get an extended warranty and they tell you it covers everything from hitch to bumper it's BS. Wouldn't even discuss the cracked cap and I used that as a lever with the dealer to negotiate the repair.

Still would like to know the cap cost. Tried to find out from CrossRoads and all I got was we don't sell parts to private parties.

Mike
Sounds fair; it cost me $1000 to get the front cap sanded and clear coated.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk
Old 01-10-2017, 09:34 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I think your price is reasonable, my guess would maybe $300 cost and $600 retail. But labor is the biggie. My estimate to repair structural failure which involves the same effort plus cost of a welder would be in the range of $5k.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote