Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2019, 05:04 PM   #1
New Camper

Question Replacing TV and Cables

We are preparing our 2013 Sunset Trail 25RB for her maiden voyage after purchasing her at the end of last season. We are replacing the TV and stereo with HDMI compatible options. We are struggling with identifying the path of the wires as they run up into the ceiling and apparently down the side of the TV and Fireplace unit. Has anyone replaced wiring in this area that can offer any guidance. I'm hoping to avoid pulling off the chaulked and sealed paneling surrounding the unit.
TravellinSpencers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 06:57 PM   #2
Site Team

If you still have the old radio, use the manual for wire identification colors. If you don't have the manual, do a google search.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:21 PM   #3
New Camper

Sorry I may have miscommunicated our issue. We have no problems replacing the equipment, my husband is quite adept with electronics and rewiring. Our issue is "behind the walls" so to speak. We are trying to discern how the TV cables are actually fed up above the TV and down to the radio. I'd hate to resort to systematically pulling off the paneling piece by piece until we discover it IF there's someone who has some knowledge.
TravellinSpencers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I think they run up the right side of the fireplace and tv...you can cut into the thin wood like product inside the right cubby,fireplace side and tv right side...then cover it with a mac tac style tape as it wont be seen cause it will be hidden when tv and fireplace is in position.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hdmi, radio, tv cabinet, wiring