Old 09-23-2015, 09:23 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Couldn't get the link to open. I'm gonna see what I find then consider the options. E are going on one more shoddy trip this year in Oct so leaving at the dealer isn't an issue if it's covered under the extended warranty.
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 01:56 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

Think I figured out the issue. I noticed a small opening (pencil point sized hole) in the lap sealant at the top end of one of the rails where it appeared air could seep in. So I applied a little Eternabond roof seal tape at the top end of the corner bead rails, basically where the rubber roof and fiberglass front meet & the rails end. Took a weekend trip and no air bubble. I plan to apply a tube of lap sealant during winterization along the seam too.

I did notice that there were other loose spots where the rubber roof didn't appear to be glued, which to me is a manufacturing issue. I've had too many major & minor issues in the short 2 yr period we've owned it to be confident in the longevity of my trailer. I think this will be the first & last Thor and/or Crossroads product I buy.
Old 10-18-2015, 02:18 PM   #13
Site Team

Before you ditch Thor and Crossroads, check out the other manufacturers forums. Thor and Crossroads are not the only Rvs that have issues. Issues and dissatisfaction are prevalent in all manufacturers. Unless you have the bucks to go the expensive/ custom route. And even then.........

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Crossroad Rally" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 02:38 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

I hear ya Mark and I know other manufacturers have issues too, but all the ones we've experienced in less than 2 yrs makes me pretty reluctant to want to fork over anymore money to them in the future.
Old 10-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #15
Full Time Camper

Your frustration is understood. Our friends have had nothing but issues with their Zinger. We have purchased 2 of them with little to quip about. Industry sucks as a whole, but at least CR and Jayco stand behind their products. Many do not.
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2015, 04:41 PM   #16
Site Team

I see your point RoadDog66. I had a Monoco brand 5th wheel that was a disaster. Now, fortunately, Monoco went out of business and if they didn't, I would never even think of looking at a Monoco product. Left a bad taste in my mouth.

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Crossroad Rally" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 07:30 PM   #17
Family Vacation Member

There's good and bad experiences in all makes i guess. We love the layout of our 290QB, just hate the anticipation of the next issue we have to deal with. Was thinking of trading out of this one, but likely take a huge bath.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #18
Weekend Camper

roof bubble while towing

I was going to do every roof seam on our new Rezerve as soon as we had it in the yard with Eternabond because that's how I stopped the water intrusion into our old TT a Hi-Lo. My wife convinced me I should wait out the warranty and not do anything that might void that. After several months of ownership and watching the roof like my life depended on it I'm OK with this wait and see approach. I found a small piece of something that was left on the roof under the skin and our dealer has a picture of that. There is no way I would want that roof removed and re-installed just to be rid of that bump. I will still apply the Eternabond when the warranty expires because of the good experience I've had with that product.