Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2016, 09:57 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Roof membrane issue

We noticed a rip in our rubber roof coming back from the dealership from a $3,000 schwintek slide fix. I ordered the materials to fix it and once we really took a look at it, it appears the membrane on the from came loose from the front cap and wasn't an easy fix. We called a mobile RV repair company and when they inspected it, they called it a "catastrophic" failure. Apparently all of the places where the adhesive was applied ate through the membrane. So the membrane was coming everywhere. He recommended I contact Crossroads about the warranty. Anybody else have this issue?
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 06:32 AM   #2
Site Team

Have you had any contact with CR yet?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Yes, we were referred to Dicor. Crossroads has never heard of that problem before.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:26 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accoster View Post
Yes, we were referred to Dicor. Crossroads has never heard of that problem before.
Well of course not. Cross Roads has never had an issue with their roof membrane.

Do some searching and you will find issues all the way up the line from bottom to the top end make and models.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:31 PM   #5
Site Team

What was Dicors response?

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 02:36 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Not sure, their warranty mentioned prorated based on age. This might be the one that sends me to another dealership.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:42 PM   #7
Site Team

If you have already forked out $3000 for a slide repair, I sure hope you get treated better with the roof. That would be horrible to have eat that one to.
I wish you the best of luck.
Old 09-02-2016, 02:49 PM   #8
Site Team

I always admired your rig in the pic you use to have up similar to this one, but with the LED lights showing. I think it was probably taken in the same place.

Actually, I see the blue LED's are showing on this pic.
Did you have a different, bigger pic up before? It sure was impressive.

Old 09-03-2016, 11:01 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

No, this is the best picture I have. It was taken at the Valley of Fire State Park just north of Las Vegas. They are always filming car commercials there, it is very scenic with all of the red rocks.
Old 09-03-2016, 11:17 PM   #10
Weekend Camper

Roof membrane issue

Tagged out of interest however, that being said, I am in the process of running from the sinking ship that CR stuck us with. We too purchased a brand new higher end trailer and had multiple issues within months of taking possession but were COMPLETELY abandoned by Crossroads including their "customer care" manager!!! We were told that.....

1. The 4 nails coming through the floor a week after purchasing were not covered as the floor is never under warranty!

2. The oven that literally blows up when trying to use it is obviously being lit wrong as if there is a "special" way of lighting a stove!!!

3. The Schwintec slides that eat bulb seals literally twice a year will not be covered as apparently there is a limit as to how many times your warranty will cover it but they continue to say there is nothing wrong with the slides.

4. The two soft spots on the floor are apparently normal despite the fact I had an independent mobile RV mechanic who provided a written statement that the roof was defective.

I could literally go on all night as in the first month of owning it we had a list of over 40 needed repairs due to factory defects. Not only is it never their fault but they love the tag line of "We've NEVER heard of that before" BS. Crossroads could care less about you once they get your money....I WILL NEVER BUY A POS CROSSROADS PRODUCT AGAIN!!!!

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk