Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-26-2014, 07:56 AM   #1
New Camper

roof shape

Hi everyone, i am new to the forum . Bought a new st33 pb about a month ago and I am just getting it ready to put away for the winter, i was looking things over and noticed that in front of my rear roof vent that the roof shape on the exterior was not a perfect arch, it starts round on each side of the trailer and in the center it has a bit a a point for a couple of feet and then smoothes out again. I haven't contacted my dealer yet. But iam concerned that the roof decking could be split underneath due to the stress of the curved roof and having a hole cut in the center for the vent might have let it spring and break if the factory did not properly secure the decking in that area. Wondering it anyone else has seen this
kylebart1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have not seen this, but one way to inspect the roof underneath is to remove the skylight on the inside and then stick your head in the hole and you can see the struts. It may not work for all trailers, but it is the best I can think of. The skylights is made up of two parts, the part attached to your roof and the part on the inside. The inside part comes off easily when you remove the screws. I have removed mine in order to cover the skylight as I do not want it.

You could also just ask the dealer. Bring it in for him/her to look at.

2012 Cruiser Sahara 330SS
2015 F250 Super Duty diesel
Loneoak is offline   Reply With Quote