Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-06-2010, 01:11 AM   #1
New Camper

Does anyone know which way the floor joist run on a 2007 st31qb? It feels as though the floor joists run from front to back of trailer. In front of our fridge you can feel what seems to be the floor joist and then if you step to either side of the joist the floor dips down noticeably (there is some additional give to the floor when walking on this area). There are no signs of water damage or cracks in the vinyl floor, could the subfloor be so weak as to start sagging this bad? If this structural I think I would be better off getting this to the factory or do you think a local repair shop would be able to fix this?
stympy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
I always suggest calling the people at Crossroads for serious issues, they are best equipped to handle these problems. It was worked well for me in the past and Randy/Janice in warranty are very helpful.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:03 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Most likely the floor joist do run front to back. Typically, this allows the furnace duct to be placed between the joists. If you have multiple floor ducts in a straight line, then that should confirm joist placement. You should also be able to confirm this from below, between the frame rail and the lower skirting. There is black plastic that protects the bottom of the floor assembly. Run your hand along this plastic, if you can't feel a joist every 16 inches running side-to-side, then they MUST run front-to-back.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 05:27 AM   #4
New Camper

Thanks for the replies. You are right about the floor ductwork. I guess I will be placing a call to Randy later on today and get some feedback from him. What I feel is far from normal and is most likely faulty subflooring.
stympy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

i think they the floor joist go front to back. my trailer doesnt have a fully enclosed underbelly, so i can see that i have metal bar joists going from the curb to street side below the floor joist. my tanks are exposed but there is a black liner in between the metal bar joist and the underside of the flooring.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote