Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-25-2012, 12:18 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Has anyone else had this issue? Picked up our brand new ST25RB Feb 3rd.......took it to Tropical Palms Resort Kissimmee Florida (where I am currently writing this). Went to empty black tank for first time, and when trying to rinse with "San T" hose connection on side of trailer....took a looong time for black tank to even get to 1/3rd full. I can hear & feel water running in hose, and see small trickle water flowing into sewer hose when left black valve open, but when I shut black valve...even after 1/2 hr was still not even 1/3rd full. I had to add water to black tank by filling & emptying toilet inside bathroom in order to fill tank to point of full flush when opening valve outside to empty. Is this normal? Also when water running through "San T" rinse I can hear a vibrating sound coming from under our bathroom sink where "San T" outside connection located on our trailer. Traced hose under bathroom sink going to some sort of black "thingy", I beleive to possibly be a one way backsplash valve, which feels like it is vibrating. Any help from you experts out there would be greatly appreciated. Ive seen youtube video's of them rinsing black tank with this "San T" connection, and it seemed to have a better & faster water flow....
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Over 4 seasons of use with my ST I've found varying degrees of success with the flush depending on the water pressure of the campground I'm in. Most worked O.K. but some with low pressure took longer. Worst was one on well water who advised at check-in that theirs was so low that I shouldn't use a pressure regulator at all. Couldn't hear any spray sound from the flush so used the "fill the toilet & flush" method you mentioned. Wish I was parked next to you in Florida!

P.S. There have been times when the water flow seemed slow so I removed the pressure regulator which helped.Edited by: coastn

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:17 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Water pressure is actually pretty good, judging by flow into toilet, & kitchen & bath faucetts. Its probably the flush head mounted on black tank. The holes are probably tiny in order to increase flush action pressure inside tank, and probably the norm. I'm gonna assume that I'm only going to use this flush system to "aid" in cleaning, and will just "fill the toilet & flush" like you said a couple dozen times. Never had a black tank flush on any other trailers we've owned. I'll just clean black tank like I always have in past. Not really a big issue I guess. Thanks for the reply.
Equal-i-zer hitch
Old 02-25-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

It's possible the sprayer is clogged which means pulling down some of the membrane, removing the tank end of the hose and cleaning the filter. I have had to do this a few times. Fortunately on my rig, the membrane can be loosened at the side and my arms are long enough to reach the connection. A wand won't work on the 30SK as the toilet plumbing is not a straight shot to the tank.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Mine didn't work when new. When winterizing blew out line with compressor (at 40 PSI) and heard a delayed whoosh and thought it blew it self clean. Now works great.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:06 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

I experienced the same thing with the ST25RB. One trip I felt like the "San T" flush was broken, then the next trip it worked fine. I think it was as coastn stated that the pressure was different at the two camp grounds. Still trying to figure out.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Right-Wrong-or Indifferent, but I never "fill" the tank when using the San-T hose connection. I use a clear 45 degreeelbow at sewer connection, just turn on the water, leave the dump valve open and when the water runs clear shut it off. Takes about 3 or 4 minutes and you're done. Supposedly the San-T is designed to wash all the walls of the tank which should be more effective than filling the tank and then emptying it by gravity.
Sirsea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Once we get back home from vacation, will be taking trailer back to dealer for seized front stabilizer jack motor, so I'll get them to check it then. Like the idea from we-canoe about connected air compressor and "blowing" it out. If there's something clogging those holes , that sure will clear 'em out! Thanks for all the input folks...much appreciated.
Equal-i-zer hitch
Old 02-25-2012, 09:29 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Hey Sirsea.....I thought that was basicallywhat the San-T hose connection did, but if it's going to take as long as it does to clean tank that way, then I definately like your way with the clear elbow with hose connection. Will wait and see what dealer says, when take it back for another non-related issue. If I get nowhere with them, then will definately do what you suggested. Thanks again.
Equal-i-zer hitch
Old 02-26-2012, 02:05 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

I live in both worlds. I have another smaller trailer (Coachmen) that I take on solocampground scouting and golf trips in January to briefly get out of the snow. The Coachmen doesn't have a black tank flush so I use the clear elbow with hose connection already mentioned. It works very well and as a bonus you can close your black and/or grey tank valves and keep the water from the hose running and it will rinse your sewer hose sparkling clean. None of those holding up one end of the sewer hose while trying to rinse with the water hosegyrations. Am going to add one to the Sunset Trail when we head out next month, then I'll have the bases covered.

Edited by: coastn

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 02-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Hi I also had a problem but the back flow restrictor was reversed. I would check that all hoses are not crimped, that's what it sounds like to me since some water is passing at low volume and pressure. When i fixed my restrictor, many hoses under the cabinets were casually routed. The flush out feature is best invention around for convenience in keeping the tank clean. Before having the built in, I used the flush-king with clear elbow. I would do anything possible to get the flush out working and not resort to buckets. I am a bit hesitant to use high pressure as if the end is indeed blocked, something else could blow. Good luck
Texas4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:02 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I was under the impression that you don't use the SanT thing to fill the black tank. You just use it to spray out the tank after you have dumped.

I usually dump the black, dump the gray, then hook up the hose to the SanTFlush and let it spray (with the black valve open) until I see the water run out somewhat clear.

3 Sons, 2 Daughters-in-Law

1 Daughter, 1 Son-in-Law

1 Grandson, 2 Grandaughters

2012 Sunset Trail 26BH
4AggiesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 03:59 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

It's said that to get a good flush flow to help clear outtoilet paper, etc. the tank should be at least 3/4 full. I use the SanT to fill the tank to that level with the valve closed then open the valve. I'll then rinse further with the valve open.If I'm going to be storing the trailer or not using it for awhile I'll repeat the process a couple times to make sure the tank's good and clean.

Breckenridge, CO
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
Old 02-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #14
Family Vacation Member

I always only empty black tank when it reads "full", never any less. After dumping for very first time, I was still getting a "3/4 full" display on panel, so when I hooked up water hose to San T flush hookup,and turned hose on,it sounded like no water was flowing into black tank from San T connection, butI could see a very slooow trickle of water through clear elbow with blank tank valve open. I was expecting amuch better water flow coming out and not a trickle, which led me to believe maybeSan T jetswere clogged.If I were to even try to fill black tank (with black valve closed)...it would probably take a couple of hours. When I first triedto runwater through San T connection, aftera 1/2 hourblack tankdidn't even register 1/3 full yet.That's when I went into trailer & filled & emtied toilet bowl a number of times. Couple of you tube video's I watched about using San T rinse actually showed them filling the black tank through San T flush connection, and even with valve open, video showed good water flowing down through clear elbow. I'll be talking to dealer in a week or so, and have them test it.
Equal-i-zer hitch