Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Satellite Hook up

I need your help here. I finally got my SWIM Satellite system in today and I don't really know how to hook it up to my ST32FR. I do have two connection in the back one for cable one for satellite. Do I need to get a splitter or does my camper already have one installed. I have Direct TV. I am thinking that all I need to do is connect the dish to the out side and move my cable that is connected to my power amp from cable to satellite. Remove my cable from TV and run to my HD receiver and then HDMI from HD receiver to TV. Is my think correct or not. Forgot turn off power amp.

Could really use some help here

BIll
pchambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:26 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Connect the sat to the Sat hook up. Inside there will be another outlet for that you will have to run the cable to the box than to your set. There are two lines one for cable and one for Satellite
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I think you are both correct. What I did is install a cable to Input 1 on the TV from the std cable/amp box. I also have a sat cable from the Sat connector in the sat receiver and then HDMI to the TV Input 2. I then use the TV menu to select either input 1 or 2 depending where the signal is coming from.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote