Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #1
New Camper

I am hoping someone can help me. Calls to CR and dealership have not been returned!! What exactly is the Satellite Prep on a CR Sunset Trail 26BHSS??? I have tried running the cable through the cable outlet in the rear of the TT-but with no results. Is there another outlet hidden some where? Thank you!!
mchristianson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

There should be two outlets from the out side one is for cable the other is for Sat. Than inside there is an outlet for the Sat, but you need toturn off the powe booster
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #3
New Camper

I only have one outlet on the outside.....And can't locate anything on the inside (other than the outlet for the antenna)...
Old 07-20-2013, 10:58 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

There could be what looks like a two place outlet cover might even be in a storage area (Mine is) Might post the model some one that has that same model might have a better in sight
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 12:20 AM   #5
New Camper

I have a 2013 CR Sunset Trail 26BHSS
Old 07-21-2013, 12:45 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

On the back, left hand side there are two cable connections. It looks like a power outlet because of the weather proof covers.the left one (drivers side) is for cable. The right one (passengers side) is for SAT. Inside the trailer above the TV is a panel with two connections. 1 labled TV and the other is SAT. for standard cable tv use the TV one. This is also for antenna, but you have to have the booster turned on for antenna, off for cable. to use the satellite connection hook the cable wire from the tv to the seperate sat. connection above TV. There is also a cable connection on the right hand side of the trailer. this is for an external tv, and is cable only. (not an input).

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 01:57 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

My 25RB has only the one cable input. I don't really understand why it could not be used for sat as long as ant boost is turned off? My sat at home comes in on a "cable"?

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #8
New Camper

Same here, only one input on the back of the trailer. (we have looked everyway on the outside of the trailer--this is the only input). And there is only one connection above the TV(nothing labeled Sat. )Paperwork claims that trailer is Satellite prep--but I am doubting that it is at this time...We may have to resort to justrunning the wire from the dish through the window (which works great!!) Thank you everyone for your help!!
Old 07-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

My apologies, I asumed you had the Sat. prep package. Without the extra line for Sat. I do not believe you can push a Sat signal thru your cable connection even with the booster off without interferance. A sat prep package is a dedicated cable run just for satellight. You could always try it and post your results for others

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 04:05 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

If you only have one plug, you don't have the satelite prep. The TV antenna booster won't allow you to use your satelite, so you have to go around it. Its actually pretty easy, just unscrew the booster plate (it should have a two way switch and lights up when on) and place a splitter on the line. That second line will allow you to operate the satelite. I bought another outlet plate for the second line and placed it above the booster plate.

It's actually pretty easy to do, if you need more help just let me know. I have the 5th wheel version, so my set up will be a little different then the ST version.
2013 Sunset Trails SF28BH
Accoster is offline   Reply With Quote