Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 AM   #1
New Camper

I shower door in my ST29RL came loose while we weretraveling and became very wobbly at the hinges from swinging around and taking bumps when wide open. The door corners became deformed, allowing a lot of slop for the hinge pins. They were so loose that it was easy to remove the door from the shower.

I reformed the corners and put the pins back in the door, but now that the pins are back in place with a good tight fit to the door corners, I can't get the door back into it's hinge holes. Apparently the sloppiness from the frame damage was the only reason that I could remove it in the first place.

Has anyone been there, done that with this problem before, and know how to get the door back on without disassembling the whole shower assembly?
Pappy John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:57 PM   #2
New Camper

Wow, this thing isn't meant to be repaired. The screw I need to get to in order toremove the bar over the door to reseat the hinge is set at a blind angle, and can't be removed withoutremoval of the right hand glass wall first.

DAYUMMM!

Time for the Dremel tool to cut that screw, then I'll resecure the top bar with another screw that I'll place in a more repair-friendly position.

Pappy John is offline   Reply With Quote