Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2016, 08:18 PM   #1
New Camper

Shower Door issues

Anyone have issues with shower doors. Every trip mine are falling off the tracks. Any solutions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (167.2 KB, 18 views)
Yourcttoyotaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:52 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We grabbed 2 of these spring clamps. We clamp them on the bottom rail outside the rollers. Doesn't allow them to move when going down the road. Has solved the problem for us. Hope this helps
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 01:19 PM   #4
New Camper

We have a ST 260 RL and have the same problem. The door to the rear on our angle shower slides past its stop and the wheels fall out of the channel. I thought that the factory used incorrect plastic molding but maybe it is just poor design work. I am going to place a short length of vinyl tubing, about 4" in the bottom channel in the exact center where the doors meet. I plan on installing it tomorrow before we leave on a trip. I will let you know how it works at the end of the week. I noticed that when the doors are closed the leading wheels are about 4" apart, and so I thought that by filling the channel with an appropriately sized vinyl tube could end the problem of the door sliding too far. I would prefer to do something that can be easily removed for cleaning. My first thought was to install a small piece of teak in the center of the channel and drill through the frame to hold it in place as a stop for both doors. I think that it would absolutely stop the problem but cleaning may become an issue so I am going to try the clear tubing first.
Lefty Golfer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower doors