Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-01-2010, 04:32 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Purchased a 2011 Crossroads 29QB from Camping World Greenwood Indiana. We are having problems with the large slide. It will go out but not come back in. We checked to make sure it was level, no obstructions. We pulled the fuse and plugged fusein it would work off and on. We pulled the cover of the controller to read the panel which is supposed to tell you the problem, no read out available. The trouble sheet says it is a power issue? We dropped it off July 24 and have not heard anything from Camping World? Has anyone else had a problem with there slide and if so what was the answer to fix problem. Thanks for any info available. It is are first camper with a slide and so far not liking the slide. Thanks Bob
rhatfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Since it's at the dealers hopefully it will get repaired right. Let us know what's foundso we can all be a little smarter.

My best guess is a loose connection. Could be at the motor, switch or even a low battery condition. Guess you'll have to wait and see.

'06 F-250 SD V-10

SCT custom tuned

https://i785.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/SDC12617.jpg
ryeja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

I hope it is a simple fix, just a helpless feeling when the slide will not go in. I look at everyone who has slides and think to myself well this must not happen often or more people would complain. Anyway I will let you know what I find out. Thanks for the encouragement.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:47 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

We went from a TT with no slides to a 5'er with 3 slides. I share your concerns about a slide issue while camping. My biggest fear is having a slide issue with it open and then having the manual crank fail. After a minor adjustment the first few months of ownership, all has been well these past 4 years. I am sure you will have the same luck.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I picked up my 2010 ST29QB last wed from the dealer the slide seems to work fine. We drove from Ma to Hershey Pa to camping straight from the dealer and when we got to the campground the slide would not go out straight it wasnt moving on the stove side. I called the dealer and they said to to push on the lagging side and that the left side motor wire may have come loose, and it did go out correctly then. I havent checked the wireing yet or brought it back to the dealer for repair Ill check the wire one night this week

2010 ST29QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...in/TVsetup.jpg

gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:06 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Thanks, I should know more this week, I will post what they find. Bob

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Lillie (www.givensblackmouthcur.com)[img]smileys/smiley31.gif[/img]

Sunset Trail ST29SS
Old 08-12-2010, 10:58 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

Thanks for your posts: Camping World Greenwood IN called me to come p/u my R.V. 20 days after dropping it off for warranty service?

I arrived and the service person who worked on the camper showed me what the problem was. The service person advised the control model was power was turned down and needed to be turned up in order to work the large slide.

I ask him if it malfunctioned in the future how to manually put the slide in and he advised there was no way to put the slide in manually. He advised most units have a opening in the side of the unit in case there was a failure so you would be able to manually do it but Sunset did not do this?

The slide worked great, I am going to contact Crossroads direct and see what other options I have because I am sure there will come a time again that I will need to get the slide in when just pushing the button does not work.

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Sunset Trail ST29SS
Old 08-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

We have a 2010 ST24BH and there is a hole for a crank just to the left of our door. There was a crank for the slide with the awning pull rod.
ritterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:56 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

On the new model I have looked under and around, the service teck looked everyplace unable to locate any place to attach a crank. I will let everyone know if we solve the mystery. Thanks Bob

Married 1987

Daughter Brianna 17

Son James Don 11

Sunset Trail ST29SS