Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2014, 12:03 PM   #1
New Camper

St 290 qb

Looking to purchase a 2014 Sunset Trail 290 QB in the near future. Looking to see what everyone thinks (pros/cons) of this TT. This will be our first TT.
Triple S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have had ours for a few months now and love it. I wish we had a little more storage place for clothes, towels and etc. but we really love the outdoor kitchen.

We moved down from a fifth wheel so we were used to having plenty of storage. If I had a chance to go back to the fifth wheel I would still keep our Sunset Trail.

2012 Sunset Trail 290QBS
2014 Nissan Armada Platinum Reserve Package
JBE-dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:20 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

We found in our Sunset trail 24 rb that if we hang all our shirts up and I even hang my undies etc, we have tons of room. Try it out. We put one of those fold up cloth boxes in the bottom of the closet and put clothes we are wearing later on our trip or cold weather clothes in this. Works out great. Much better than folding all the clothes. We only fold our shorts and slacks and maybe a few long sleeve shirts.
and sway bars.
kcandsting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

We purchased ours towards the end of last season and only got to take it out a couple times before the season ended, but we love it. We moved up from a hybrid TT to get a full hard side with with a slide for more interior space (room for rainy days) and the bunks for kids to be able to invite friends.

The outside kitchen is great to have and works very well. The size of the bathroom shower was a nice improvement too. I think we have plenty of storage for daily use items (food, cleaning supplies, pots/pans, etc) and enough front cab, under bed, and under dinette storage for the larger items. Again this is in comparison to our smaller hybrid, but we really haven't needed more with the 290QB. The only thing that would be nice is a outside rear storage area for firewood (but I can throw that I truck bed).

We got ours for 36% under MSRP from a local dealer with some haggling so don't overpay. Good luck & Happy Camping!
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for the replys. Keep them coming.
Triple S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #6
New Camper

We purchased our 290QB last spring. We really liked the bunk room in the back with the table and oversized bunks on one side of the bunkroom. We spent about 25 nights in it last season. We all loved it, and especially more when it was cold and rainy on Memorial Day weekend, over our old Hybrid.
B-COOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Seasonal Camper

We are picking up our 290QB in 59 days. Glad to hear it was a hit we can't wait to start using ours.