Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #1
New Camper

ST 290QB Fridge

Hello everyone,

Just learned about this forum from a friend and figured I would ask everyone their opinion.
I just purchased my trailer this season and pretty much from the start I was having issues with my refrigerator on LP only. It was having trouble lighting. I had a look and could see the igniter had a good spark and I could hear the gas however still no go. After speaking with some friends and them having a look at it as well, it appears that the igniter was set too far back from the 5 slots where the propane ignites into flame.
So, we decided to put a small nut on the screw(see attached pics) and put it in between where it fastens to the bracket, moving the igniter out a few millimetres. Voila it worked.
So, just wondering if anyone else has seen this problem before? Also, is the tip of the igniter too far into the flame, which might result in damaging it? Anyone see any kind of safety concerns with my fix?
All opinions much appreciated!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1868.jpg (156.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1872.jpg (138.2 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1869.jpg (133.5 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1871.jpg (109.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 07-17-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
New Camper

SO pleased that no one had any comments.. great forum!
Old 07-17-2015, 03:51 PM   #3
Site Team

Ron, sometimes when it involves the lp gas system of an Rv people are a little reluctant to comment. Many do not want to give advice when it involves the lighting of a fridge, stove, oven and heater. Or, no one has experienced your particular problem.
It actually is a great forum. If you look at other posts, usually, there are many members that give an answer.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 12:39 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Ron, did you try igniting the stove burners first to get enough gas/propane in the lines then switching the fridge on? That has solved the flashing "no ignition" light on our fridge. Best of luck with it. It took us a few unsuccessful attempts before I found this forum and got the answers I needed.

This forum has a lot of good folks on it with worlds of knowledge. I know there are times when we all need a quick answer, but i know there are occassions when weeks have gone by before I got a chance to check back in to the site. Give the forum a chance, you won't regret it. Happy Camping
RoadDog66 is offline   Reply With Quote