Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 01:20 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Ok, this is our second trip in our new camper and I can not for the life of me figure out how the cable works. There are 2 plugs on the back of the camper, neither is labeled, someone told me one is for satellite and the other is for cable. I have tried both plugs and only one plug seems to work and we can only use the main TV. None of the other outlets for the cable in the camper are working. I went around with the boys littleTV and tried them all out. There are two outlets in the bunkhouse and one under the awning. I looked in the owners manual and all it says it to hook up the cable line and turn off the antenna booster, which is another question because the manual does not tell me where the antenna booster is or if this camper even has it installed. Can someone please help.

Thanks,
Chris
Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:30 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The antenna booster is usually a small button located with the main cable connection near the TV in the living area of the unit. However, some have the antenna booster located in other areas. I had a Blue Ridge fiver that it was located in a little area in the dresser of the front bedroom. At any rate, it will be with one of the coax connections for the TVs in the camper. As for the connection at the rear of the camper, you are correct, one is for cable and the other is for satellite. Satellite will only work with the TV in the living area in most campers. I have learned the hard way that if your antenna booster is 'ON', the cable will not work. There should also be a small indicator light, usually green or yellow, that will be lit if the booster is on.
Valley 16K slider
Ride-Rite air bags
mike06081969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Wow thanks for the quick reply. I am gonna start the quest for the antenna booster right now. Hopefully I can find it. I be I am hooked up to the satellite connection if only the main TV works. If anyone has the ST32BH and knows where the booster is please let me know.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 05-26-2013, 01:49 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Update
The cable is now working, thanks Mike for the response. I found the booster, changed the hookup up outside to the other plug, and all the TV outlets work now. Yeaaaaa, major disaster adverted (for the boys).

Thanks again,
Chris
Old 06-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Can you tell me how you have your's hooked up? We have a new ST28BH and I cannot get anything (satellite or antenna) to the TV. I've found the booster located just above the TV. The light on it is either red or totally blank, but I cannot seem to get a signal to the TV either way.
Equal-i-zer Hitch
Hoosier Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:35 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

On the back on our camper there are two cable inlets. One is for cable and the other is for satellite. I don't know if yours is the same but try the other inlet if you have one. Hope that helps.

Chris
Old 06-03-2013, 11:30 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate
On the back on our camper there are two cable inlets. One is for cable and the other is for satellite. I don't know if yours is the same but try the other inlet if you have one. Hope that helps.

Chris

The left one is cable and you need to have the booster off. (light out) for antenna turn booster on (red light). for satellight the connection on the right needs to be used as it bypasses the booster, and you need to switch the connection inside as well to the satellite.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:11 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Oh yeah I did have to switch the cable plug for the main tv also.
Chris