Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2016, 05:44 AM   #1
New Camper

Sunset trail 2016 heater

We used our sunset trail 27bh? (Not sure if thats the exact model) in April for the first time. We were very excited.weather was beautiful but the nights dipped into the low 30's. The heater ran and warmed up the rv but my wife woke in the middle of the night to find it 48 degrees in our rv. Fan was running but no heat. Turned it off at thermostat then back on and it would blow heat for a few cycles then again no heat just cold air. Dealer said they can't find anything wrong. Anybody?
bparent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 06:05 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Air in the gas line would cause that. Turn on the stove top and bleed the air out of the system. than try it out.
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:12 AM   #3
Gone Traveling

Somethings wrong in the control circuit, usually once the flame goes out it will run a couple minutes then shut down, the fan shouldn't be running with no heat. I don't think purging the gas line from the stove will help this problem, but it cost nothing to try.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Mine will occasionally do that exact same thing (not often maybe once per long trip). Not sure what the issue is but I never got it fixed. Instead we now have a fireplace and a ceramic heater which we will use.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

There is another post regarding this exact problem that I experienced with the heater. I now do what fhen suggested in bleeding through the propane lines with the stove. My propane line to the heater is just before the quick connect to the outside BBQ at the rear of the trailer, I hook up the BBQ and light it up for a few seconds. That helps to bleed out the lines much faster. I always do that now if I anticipate the need to run the heater. As far as the furnace goes, if there are several attempts to ignite the combustion chamber without success, your circuit board may go into lockout mode.
See: http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...70b-10885.html
Joedh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 12:08 PM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Our heater worked great this spring, but I think we did use the stove prior to having any heating needs.

One thing I know we have to do is light the stove prior to leaving our house so that the refrigerator will light. I had a heck of a time wondering why our fridge wouldn't stay on the gas once we diconnected from the landline at the house, only to learn about this bleeding the gas line stuff. I am glad I read this for future reference if we need the heater and it doesn't work.

Best of luck and happy camping!
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote