Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 10:24 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksh3 View Post
Now they don't respond as I thought would be the case. I will be in touch with Vermont Dept of Health, Vermont AG and NHTSA and wait to see how repairs go and then take it further if need be. What gets me is the dealer acts like this is as normal a problem with a RV that they sell as loose trim or other defect, but if I were to dump black water on the side of the road it would be a major offense. I'll see if the agencies I contacted seem to be interested in helping. As I said in previous posts I contacted the Pres of Crossroads so if anyone could help, Andy Cripe would have been the one to help but hasn't yet.
Hmm, there might be some miscommunication somewhere along the lines. I'm private messaging you to get a better handle on where we are at. :-)
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:33 PM   #22
New Camper

Not a problem in my Sunset Trail 32 BHS
Robert Kinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 02:37 PM   #23
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kinson View Post
Yours must be connected to a grey tank?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Kinson View Post
That makes sense, since they are two different models. I would be interested in someone with a first run production 2016 240Bi. It seems they are very scarce right now. I believe the manufacturer caught it after mine was delivered to the dealer and the rest not sent out or it was fixed when they discovered the problem in assembly
Ksh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 04:07 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

This matter hopefully can be closed. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General Consumer Division last week and they in turn sent a letter asking my dealer to notify me of their intent on repairs within 7 days and to notify them of their intent as well. My dealer decided to bring my coach right in for repairs the day they received the letter. Crossroads I'm sure will pay a lot of money to pay for re-plumbing the RV as the dealer told me it is a very big job. It should be correctly plumbed by mid week next week. I have since again confirmed the trailer was built incorrectly as it relates to plumbing. I was in contact with the President of Crossroads and the Regional Sales manager throughout and they were unwilling or unable to get the ball rolling with repairs or reparations for selling a very defective RV. They did say we are "here for you" (not sure what it meant because they did nothing) It took me yelling to government officials before I was taken seriously. We didn't get a, we are sorry you missed out on quality family time or we are sorry for all your inconvenience, time and expense or we are sorry we built a defective RV and that your children were exposed to sewage coming up through the shower drain or when it back flowed while towing. When I asked for an extra year of warranty the answer was a polite but simple "no". I hope and expect that this will be the extent of our problems for the foreseeable future- at least until we get our class A in a couple of years
Old 09-08-2015, 09:25 PM   #26
Weekend Camper

Angry Same issue on 2015 240BI

Hello all, I am new to this forum as well. We purchased a 2015 Sunset Trail 240BI travel trailer earlier this summer and have gone camping several times. This past Memorial Day weekend my family and I were camping and discovered that the shower in our trailer is also plumbed to the black tank. Imagine the disgust to learn that the water in the shower that my children were standing in was sewage. This is unacceptable, especially for a trailer that is advertised to sleep 8. Imagine if even half of those people tried to take a shower in addition to using the toilet. The 26 gallon holding tank would not last one day.

It sounds like Crossroads has acknowledged that this is not correct and needs to be fixed. It is certainly a health issue.

Is there someone I should contact to attempt to avoid the run around?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Teal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 05:20 AM   #27
Weekend Camper

Just to let you know Crossroads will tell you they will help and "we are here for you", but the fact is they know they made them wrong and at least in my state I had to complain to the Attorney General to get the ball rolling. Crossroads said they would help, but did nothing. They should have recalled them and not sold them to unsuspecting customers. I also filed a complaint with NHTSA. My Attorney General within days of my complaint contacted my dealer. I explained the health issues and the sewage spilling out of the camper issues and they immediately contacted the dealer and within days it was re-plumbed. The fact is, in my opinion, Crossroads allowed defective trailers to be continued being sold. You can see my complaint on the NHTSA web-site. Please file a complaint in detail there and contact your Attorney General consumer division. If your dealer is anything like mine they will put it on the back burner until "they have time" and treat it like its not a big deal. By the way even in the manual it indicates the shower shall drain into the grey tank. Don't let the dealer tell you its ok. Just as an FYI if you tow while your grey tank is full raw sewage will pour out into the shower and out through the RV onto the road, but worse, throughout your camper. I am probably not done with my complaint and may proceed further. We lost a couple hundred dollars in camping fees and sewage spilled into the camper. I asked for a year extended warranty and they're reply was "no". For what we went through Im sure a jury would say otherwise. If you have any questions PM me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal69 View Post
Hello all, I am new to this forum as well. We purchased a 2015 Sunset Trail 240BI travel trailer earlier this summer and have gone camping several times. This past Memorial Day weekend my family and I were camping and discovered that the shower in our trailer is also plumbed to the black tank. Imagine the disgust to learn that the water in the shower that my children were standing in was sewage. This is unacceptable, especially for a trailer that is advertised to sleep 8. Imagine if even half of those people tried to take a shower in addition to using the toilet. The 26 gallon holding tank would not last one day.

It sounds like Crossroads has acknowledged that this is not correct and needs to be fixed. It is certainly a health issue.

Old 09-09-2015, 09:36 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal69 View Post

Hi There!

I'm here to help you avoid the "run around"
On behalf of CrossRoads, thank you for reaching out. When we have been made aware of an issue like this, we want to do everything in our power to make sure we make it right. I have contacted you privately to get some info and get the ball rolling on getting this situation taken care of

Thanks again,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #29
Site Team

Here again folks, I'm sorry to have to keep pointing this out, but it's the forum rules.

Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Thanks for understanding.
Old 09-09-2015, 07:09 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Lloyd, I agree that differences should be settled directly with the appropriate party, but this type of discussion and information exchange is exactly why these forums exist. If the OP had not started this thread, the information would not be out there and many people could be led to believe that they have no recourse for the likelihood of eventually standing in a pool of sewage while taking a shower. As you can see from my post, I was just looking for an appropriate person to contact. I understand that the dealer did not design or build the trailer so complaining to them is not the place to start in my mind.

No animosity is intended here, just stating how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
Here again folks, I'm sorry to have to keep pointing this out, but it's the forum rules.

Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Old 09-10-2015, 07:15 PM   #31
New Camper

Angry I also have the same issue with my 240BI

Hello,
I am so happy to have seen this forum and the posts regarding the shower in the Sunset trail 240bi draining into the black tank. I purchased my trailer last week and went out for our first camping trip only to learn the shower was draining into the back tank. Very Very gross when sewer backs up into the shower while you are taking a shower!!!! my wife was NOT impressed. I have since called my dealer who did not, or pretended to not know of this issue. I would be very interested in speaking with the cross roads representative as well. Other than the black tank issue we really like the travel trailer. I have owned many RV's and regularly camp in spots that are "off the grid" so the black tank problem is really a deal breaker!!!
dpugh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:45 PM   #32
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post

Sorry, I am going to have to side with Teal. There is a difference when it gets "heated" and there is this constant slamming of the CR product. Pointing out an issue for others to be aware of though is just good information. We also seem to have at least one CR representative who at least seems to be helping to do the right thing, and is also openly doing it on this same forum. If those rules are to apply then why should CR representation be allowed? Christian really seems to be making an effort. I for one would be interested if wether or not it's effective.

No disrespect to the Mods or forum intended.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 PM   #33
New Camper

Thanks for your insight Tim, I in no way want to slam Cross roads products. Other than the obvious shower draining into the black water tank, I truly love my new camper. However, I was very happy to come across this forum and to see other's with the same model travel trailer are experiencing the same issues. I did send Christian a private message asking her assistance in dealing with this problem. I do see this as the proper use for this forum. In fact without this forum, I would not have had any idea other's were experiencing this same problem and that Cross roads has identified this as a problem.
dpugh77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 08:12 AM   #34
Site Team

I think you guys are jumping the gun here and maybe not fully understanding. Kind of what I call
(tunnel vision).
Let me try and explain it a little better/differently.
The forum is not against problems being brought up and talked about. We all know there are issues with some units.
Where the problem arises is when litigation starts coming into the picture, or the thread starts turning into a rant. That is when the rules of the forum come into play.
Now if you would go back and read the thread a little closer with those thoughts in mind, you should be able to see, nothing was said until legal action started being talked about.

If I haven't explained this to your satisfaction, and you have more questions, then feel free to ask again.
I will do my best answer your questions.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:02 AM   #35
Full Time Camper

Lloyd is spot on here with the mention of litigation. I am very familiar with eDiscovery and if enough information accumulates here on the site, it could get pulled into a case and hence legal holds and subpoenas to pull information can be sent to host that supports the site and provides us the ability to have this forum for free.

Who needs that headache, right?

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 10:16 AM   #36
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMark View Post
Lloyd is spot on here with the mention of litigation. I am very familiar with eDiscovery and if enough information accumulates here on the site, it could get pulled into a case and hence legal holds and subpoenas to pull information can be sent to host that supports the site and provides us the ability to have this forum for free.

Who needs that headache, right?
As we used to say on the job.... "Watch your six"
2015 Zinger 27RL (TT #5)
Ford F350 FX4
My toy = 2004 Corvette Coupe
AmericalVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #37
Weekend Camper

I agree. Lets try to fix the pluming issue in a constructive manner.
Old 09-11-2015, 01:04 PM   #38
Site Team

The decisions made by us moderators are sometimes not easy. We try to let the post flow but occasionally we have to step in. It is never anything personal. We are also Crossroads owners also and I know some of us have also went thru issues. Hope everyone understands Lloyds post. Like the title of this forum is: Crossroads Rv FAMILY forum.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2015, 02:03 PM   #39
Weekend Camper

I just re-read through all the paperwork that came with the trailer. The owners manual states that "Gray water is the waste water from the sinks, tub, and shower drains and is stored within one (or more) gray tank(s)."

I understand that this manual is written VERY generically so that it can cover as many models of trailer as possible, but the above is a very clear statement.

I have yet to receive any response from customer service. ChristianM has been very responsive via this forum and it it greatly appreciated.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:49 PM   #40
Weekend Camper

Smile Good News

I received a call today from Crossroads customer service. The representative told me that the situation has been discussed with management and it was decided that they will re-plumb the shower to the black tank. I was instructed to set it up with the dealer who will submit a warranty claim to Crossroads.

I appreciate the help from Christian with this.