Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-18-2015, 04:49 PM   #41
Full Time Camper

I hope the company instructs the employees the proper way to do the plumbing. Sure looks like they NEED to have quality inspections at various points along the line . and maybe one before it leaves the plant.
Christian...are you listening??

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #42
Weekend Camper

Apparently the plumbing was designed with the shower going to the black tank. Can't blame the guys on the floor for this one.
Teal69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 09:20 PM   #43
Site Team

Everyone that has a hand in designing a Rv should be required to camp in that Rv for at least 2 weeks. Then we'll see how the designs will change.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 07:27 AM   #44
Full Time Camper

If the 'guys on the floor' were not scared of loosing their jobs, some one should have taken a few minutes off the job and stopped the line to approach management and showed them that the shower should not have been going to the black tank. That would save CR from paying dealers to re plumb..... Guess they do not care as long as they can just pump out the units and go home early.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 01:23 PM   #45
Weekend Camper

Exclamation Still waiting for work to begin

The dealer has had my trailer for almost a month now and still has not fixed the plumbing. The service manager called me today telling me that because of the layout of the trailer and the plumbing, the shower can not be simply re-plumbed to the grey tank. He said that he has been talking to Crossroads engineering and they are trying to come up with a solution. Possibly adding a third holding tank just for the shower. Ksh3, you mentioned that your fix was complete. How was it accomplished?
Old 10-16-2015, 01:58 PM   #46
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teal69 View Post
The dealer has had my trailer for almost a month now and still has not fixed the plumbing. The service manager called me today telling me that because of the layout of the trailer and the plumbing, the shower can not be simply re-plumbed to the grey tank. He said that he has been talking to Crossroads engineering and they are trying to come up with a solution. Possibly adding a third holding tank just for the shower. Ksh3, you mentioned that your fix was complete. How was it accomplished?

What I was told is that they simply routed the shower to the grey tank. We've camped a couple of times since and it seems to be working fine. My dealer was told to repair and did not get input from Crossroads (as I was told by someone at my dealer). They just cut it open in a few places and ran new line. For all I know they ran flexible line from the shower to the grey tank. The grey line where it connects to the dump valve does appear to be new. I am sure mine wouldn't be fixed now if I didn't scream and shout and say I wasn't going to take it.
Ksh3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 02:13 PM   #47
Weekend Camper

From your reply it sounds like our trailers are plumbed differently from each other. On my trailer I can not see the gate valves at all. There is a corrugated plastic cover on the bottom of the trailer. All I can see is the main drain line and valve push rods disappearing into the cover. Based on the angle of the drain pipe and the valve push rods, I would guess that the valves are on the opposite side of the trailer.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:36 PM   #48
Weekend Camper

Interesting
Shower drains into grey tank. May 2015 and Crossroad engineer is looking into it ........

I just read another thread regarding outside kitchen sinks draining onto the ground. One owner stated his kitchen sink drained into his black tank.........

(What) (moderator edit) is going on.
JWKohrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #49
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Bowler304
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKohrman View Post
Interesting
Shower drains into grey tank. May 2015 and Crossroad engineer is looking into it ........

I just read another thread regarding outside kitchen sinks draining onto the ground. One owner stated his kitchen sink drained into his black tank.........

(What) (moderator edit) is going on.
Mine is fine and no issues but a diffrent model.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
Tow Vehicle - 2017 F250 Platinum 6.2 4:30 gear
Travel Trailer - Sunset Trail Super Lite ST290QB
Color : Enzo
Dry Weight 5,774 - Actual weight 6,767
Bowler304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 04:08 AM   #50
New Camper

I bought a leftover 2015 240BI a month or so back and found I have the same issue with the shower draining into the black tank. Did anybody else manage to get the issue fixed other than the op?

I haven't contacted the dealer about it yet, but I've got to take it back to have a cable on the dining room slide replaced so hopefully it can be taken care of at the same time.
Blackfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 08:38 AM   #51
Full Time Camper

One way to see what's what is after all tanks are clean. Open black tank valve and run different things one at a time to see what drains into black tank and runs out. Then do the same with the grey. Just a thought.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 11:17 AM   #52
Weekend Camper

Yes, the dealer did re-plumb my shower to the grey tank. They received instructions from Crossroads on the preferred repair. I have the trailer back now but have not been camping in it yet this season to see how good the repair is.

Call Crossroads customer service and tell them your problem then your dealer can coordinate with Crossroads directly.
Old 05-31-2016, 02:27 PM   #53
New Camper

Ours too:(

We just got back from our first trip in our new 2015 240 BI that we bought in March. The shower backed up and indeed is draining into the black tank.

I dropped it off this morning so we shall see what happens. The dealer was really nice about it so far. Fingers crossed.
kaon0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:13 PM   #54
Full Time Camper

Angry

That would be great having tp coming up in the shower
Old 06-11-2016, 09:26 PM   #55
New Camper

All is well

Our dealer fixed the issue and all is well! They were great and Crossroads was awesome and sent the part ASAP. They said there were about 20 that have had this issue.
kaon0614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 10:21 AM   #56
DSG
New Camper

Our 2015 just had the same shower to black tank issue fixed without delay or drama by the dealer that we purchased from under warranty.
DSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:39 AM   #57
New Camper

We got our 2015 back last week after being at the dealer to be re-plumbed. Took a little longer than I would have liked, but they also had to replace a cable on the dining slide. So far I've had it back to the dealer for warranty repair twice and I've fixed a couple smaller things myself. I hope that this has taken care of most the bugs and we can just enjoy it now.
Old 10-07-2016, 12:08 AM   #58
Weekend Camper

I have a 2015 240BH model I bought used from a dealer in August. We've been out 1 time to a campground with full hookups and used everything with no issues. But after reading this thread, I'll do a test on our trip next weekend:
1) Hook everything up and verify grey tank is empty
2) run the shower for 5 minutes
3) Open the grey tank drain valve and see if anything comes out. God, I hope it does!

Not sure what the layout differences are between the BH and the BI, but am hoping the issue was confined to only the BI models. Sorry you guys are having to deal with such an issue!
"Life is what happens while you're busy making plans"
smw57 is offline   Reply With Quote