Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2018, 01:21 PM   #1
New Camper

Sunset Trail 262BH bumper mount grill issue/porch light

Hi all,

I took delivery of my Sunset Trail 262Bh on 2/17. We decided to see how the bumper mount grill mounts up. To no avail, and including reading the instructions, we could not get this grill to mount to the bumper no matter what we did. Also in the box was a mount that could be used freestanding or on a slide rail that would normally be seen on the side of the camper. The mount poles are supposed to slide into the T shaped things that are riveted into the side of the grill. The poles on the mount seem to be too big for these holes. It's a DDR brand rvq grill.

Does anyone else have this grill and did you also have the same issue? Are we doing something wrong? I contacted the dealer thinking we are either missing a piece off the bumper mount or we got the wrong grill. I'm waiting on a call back.

Also, I can't seem to locate a porch light on this camper anywhere. Does it have one?

Thank you in advance
Old 02-23-2018, 03:40 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Wish I could help you. On our ST we had (2016) it fit fine. You say the mounting poles are too big for the holes. Have you tried to insert just one in a hole on the bbq while the bbq is sideways just to confirm the poles are too big? I want to say I had to push them inward a bit to slide them on.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 01:21 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

We had a heck of a time figuring out how to mount our grill. We ended up with an extra piece that we did not use. The instructions made use of the piece but we figured out it attached to a different style of bumper mount. Does your grill have "holes" or tubes on the side ends? We found we have to unhook the folded mount from storage position, then angle it just right and those tubes would slide over the poles sticking up from the mount. Wish I could get a pic for you, but it's in storage.
Hope that helps.
Old 02-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #4
New Camper

Hi Melodique and Steve,

Thanks for the responses. I tried positioning the poles in both of the "T" tubes on the side of the grill and it didn't fit either way.

We unhooked the bumper mount and unfolded it like it would be used to cook on and it just didn't seem to line up correctly.

The dealer will be down to figure it out on Thursday and let me know if something is missing.
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We have the identical Unit and have the same exact problem. Did you ever find a resolution?

In the end I opted to just purchase a little Weber Q grill and use that instead of the Factory grill.
priest6479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 12:12 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

And to answer your second question, No there is no porch light on the side of the unit. I ended up purchasing one from a Trailer Store that was going out of business.

It's actually pretty simple to add one, since our control panel is at head height when you first walk in, I ended up removing the control panel and through that compartment I drilled a hole to the outside of the trailer to feed the wire.
Old 05-27-2018, 09:22 PM   #7
Weekend Camper

I found that the bumper mount arms needed to be unfolded completely out to 180 degrees for the pins to line up with the tubes on the grill. Mine mounts fine sliding down over the pins
100w solar panel

Traded a Jayco X17Z hybrid bought new in 2013.
No regrets!
Random Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 05:25 PM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Camper View Post
I found that the bumper mount arms needed to be unfolded completely out to 180 degrees for the pins to line up with the tubes on the grill. Mine mounts fine sliding down over the pins
It's actually not so much we cant the grill to line up with both pins, we cant even get one of the pins in the grill, the T hole on the side of the grill is smaller than the pin.

My grill came with the fold out arms that should mount to the small thin channel on the side of our coach, I've seen different bumper mounts with a flat plate for those folding arms ... perhaps the manufacturer gave us the wrong grill.

I'm thinking this is the mount we need and the grill they gave us....

https://ouioutdoors.com/product/bumper-grill-arm-assembly/
Old 05-30-2018, 11:59 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I attached a photo of mine. Hopefully it worked. My mount is totally different than your image. I have 2 arms that swing out to 180 degrees and the BBQ is lowered onto 2 pins attached to the arms. It is actually pretty nice way to mount it. My previous camper had a swing out collapsible mount that slid into a channel on the side of the camper. I did not like that one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pin mounted BBQ.jpg (67.1 KB, 86 views)
100w solar panel

Traded a Jayco X17Z hybrid bought new in 2013.
No regrets!
Random Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018, 09:05 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

According to the Dealer that is what my setup SHOULD look like, but I think they gave me the Hitch part like yours but the Grill part for the link I posted.

Basically they gave me the wrong grill. As I stated the Pins on the hitch mount are too fat to fit in the T brackets on the Grill.