Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2013, 11:51 PM   #1
New Camper

We just took delivery of our new camper and was wondering if its possible to hear the TV sound out of the Genesis 2.0 ceiling speakers?...It doesnt look like I can , but was just wondering if Im missing something?

The CD/DVD work fine but not the TV?...just seems odd.

Thanks

GB
gbell6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

On my ST29SS there is no TV audio through my Jensen system either. Only DVDs or radio play through the ceiling speakers. I'm going to pull my Jensen out as soon as it gets warm and see if there is an audio in that I can run cables to from the audio out of my TV. While I'm there I want to run a HDMI cable from the TV through the entertainment center and connect a blu-ray player thats small enough to fit on the shelf next to the Jenson. I found a Samsungthat'sonly 7 x 7. Hope it works out
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #3
New Camper

Ok thanks for the reply , it looks like I will be doing the same thing here soon enough...heres to hoping theres preouts on my system ....if you beat me to it let me know how it goesEdited by: gbell6
gbell6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 02:41 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Check to make sure the tv has audio outputs first. If it doesn't then it won't matter what the Jensen has. (unless you're running a sat box)

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:09 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Gbell6 Read this on the forum
http://forums.crossroadsrv.com/forum...kers-using-dvd
I had issues with my 2012 st32FR Sunset Trail TV"s / Speakers/DVD and this solved my problem. Just read the whole thing and maybe this will help solve your issues.
BRUCE
Old 03-31-2013, 12:48 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

I just picked up my ST31BH and they told me you can not hear the TV through the speakers. A DVD yes but TV no. Now I do have a temporary fix. Get a cable to plug in from your headphone jack on the TV to the one on the Radio and you can do it that way until you can make it permanent.

Bert, Cathy, Kylie & Kaitlin
2014 SunsetTrail Reserve 32BH
2009 Silverado 3500HD LTZ 4X4 6.6L Duramax
YouTube LetsRV Instagram LetsRV_
Bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 07:27 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Ditto to Bert. My TV doesn't have audio out so I used my Ipod cable..one endplugged in to the headphone jack on the TV and the other end to the Aux jack on the front of the Jensen (assuming it's a Jensen). Also works on my SOB with a Rockford-Fosgate system, much like a Jensen. Works very well as my TV has crummy speakers..surprise, surprise.

Edit:
Had another thought. If your TV was factory/dealer installed, check to see if it has audio out and there are red and white cables plugged in. If so, you may find TV audio on one of the Aux modes on your system. I found this out by accident on one of my trailers where I found Aux 2 played the TV audio thru the ceiling speakers. Of course this wasn't pointed out during the PDI. Edited by: coastn

Breckenridge, CO
'08 Crossroads Sunset Trail ST30BH Traded
'21 Grand Design Reflection 31MB 5er
'22 Cougar 29RLI 5er
'23 RAM 2500 4X4 CTD
coastn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 12:52 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Question for everyone. When we spin the TV around into the bedroom and watch a DVD we can only hear the sound from the external speaker. I could not get it to come out of the TV speakers. Correct me if I'm wrong but if they ran the component cables (Yellow, Red and White) I should get audio from the TV. At night when the kids are sleeping I don't want to have to crank the speakers loud to watch a movie. Does crossroads only run video?

Old 04-24-2013, 01:54 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

I checked the TT today and I have a 965 radio. But on the data sheet inside the kitchen cabinet it says I should have a 970. Needless to say I sent my dealer an email tonight and hopefully tomorrow I will get the right response. Check your data sheets and make sure you have the right equipment.

Old 05-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Finally today my dealer got a response from Crossroads. They are shipping me a new radio directly to my house. Not as quick of a response as I would have liked, but none the less it was the response that I wanted. I would like to say that for the minor issues that I have had Crossroads and my dealer Lazydays have been great.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:18 AM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Answer for "Bert":

You won't get sound thru your TV speakers because in order to watch a DVD on your TV , you are selecting a different input on TV menu. (thus selecting Jensen DVD audio& video connections). When you watch a TV program (whether antenna or air input) you will get sound thru TV speakers. If you wantTV sound thru ceiling speakers, then you needto route theaudio from your TV togo thru Jensenreceiver.Lookup the make & model of your TV on internet & check back of set to seewhat connections are available.This way you don't need to remove TV unecessarily.The Jensen model AWM970has a total of 3 auxilliary "inputs". "AUX 1" (back of receiver)hasboth audio/video inputs, "AUX 2" (back of receiver is strictly audio only (left & right) ....and "AUX 3" which is the small jack on front of player which is a mini audio left & right plus video input plug.

Good luck.

http://www.jensenrvdirect.com/manuals-guides

Edited by: Tonemeister
Equal-i-zer hitch
Tonemeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

To my surprise the 970 radio was at my door this afternoon. Crossroads stock is rising with me. Tonemeister with this radio I should be able to hear the TV through the radio and the DVD through the TV right?

Old 05-08-2013, 02:28 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

If you have the AWM965, YES, you can have TV sound come out of the overhead speakers. The AWM965 has a video out (yellow RCA) and audio in (white & red RCA). I know it seems strange that the two are not related. It's also not labeled well. Ours was hooked up wrong from the factory at the back of the TV. make sure the white & red RCA plugs are hooked in to the audio out on the TV. This should feed TV sound in to your Jensen in one of the AUX modes.

Having said that, if you have the AWM965 and want to have DVD sound come out of the TV, it just won't do it. This is not an issue for us because our TV doesn't spin in to the bedroom.

2016 GMC Sierra Denali HD & Hensley Arrow
Indy_Smiths is offline   Reply With Quote