Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 AM   #1
JD
New Camper

Send a message via MSN to JD

Ok we bought a new Sunset trail 29ss in the spring of this year. In the middle of the camping season I was washing the trailer roof and notice alot of little bumps some apeared to be sharp. Like somthing was left under the vinyl. And thought we would wait until closing season and take it in. So took the Rv back to Sirpilla Rv. They had told me at this point they would have to lift the roof to remove the objects.They contacted Crossroads to get permission to do the work. And Crossroads told them that the dabree was saw dust piles and they should beat it down with a hammer. And they would only give them two hours to remove a peace of wood under the vinyl by one of the vents. Not a word of this was mention to me over the phone. I drove two hours back to Sirpellas to pick up my RV when they called and said it was done. I took a ladder with me to look at the roof. I notice that some of the bumps where still there but a little smaller. And the culking had some cracks in it. Said to the shop forman that I wasn't happy with this and thats when he told me what Crossroads had said. Told them I would not except this. They said Crossroads had said that this would not hurt the roof. I called Crossroads and talk to the service manger and told him that if they feel that strongly about that then back it up with a warrenty as long as I own that trailer. They said ok at that time. So made arrangments to pick up the trailer cause they told me that they would mail the letter to me in wrighting what we had talked about. Never got the letter. Went down to pick up my trailer just to find out that someone at sirpilla had biffed the front end. Tore the rubber around the fiberglass and scuff the side. Noe they replaced the rubber. So they tell me now that I would have to put up with the scuff mark or they could paint it but you would be able to see the differents in the paint. Mean while I called Crossroads back and ask where my letter was and they told me they couldn't do that. Said they could take it back to the factory and put a new roof on it. Crossroadsclaims they never told Sirpilla anything like that about the roof. Told me that theydon't think that the dabree will harm the roofcause its not a walk on roof. And I know I seen the shop forman walking on the roof. And at one pointheflopped his butt down on it and I could hear wood cracking. I said to him that don't sound good he replied no it doesn't. The manger at sirpillas says that didn't hurt the wood it would have a dent in it if itwas damaged. Really don't know what to do about this mes.Now what would you do with this? Shaking my head.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

If it were mine I would be making arrangements to either take it back to the plant for repairs or have CrossRoads pick it up, take it back to the plant for repairs and deliver it back to me after the repairs were completed.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

If CrossRoads has offered to take it back and redo the roof, that is what I would do. I find it hardd to believe that Crossroads would tell some one to beat debrie down with a hammer
Traveling with Rainbow the wonder dog and now with Sunshine the rescue Schnauzer.
fhenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:42 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

All roofs should be a walk on roof - how else can it and the penetrations be maintained.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Send it back to the factory. Don't take any chances with the roof.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 11:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Sorry to here about your problems with CR and Dumas Dealer. Your story is very near my little night mare.
<!--if gte mso 9>
<o:OfficeSettings>
<o:Rely&#079;nVML/>
<o:AllowPNG/>
</o:OfficeSettings>
<!-->

</span>

Edited by: LeBo
Faribault MN
LeBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #7
JD
New Camper

LeBo night mare it is in deed.... I talked with Mark at CR he told me he was going to call Sirpilla last week and then call me back. He never called back. So Icalled him again this week and he told me the same thing. Still has yet to call me back. I feel like all they do is lie to me and give me the run around. I am thinking of filling a claim with theB.B.B. next week if I don't hear back from him. Sirpilla has had it for over a month now. I didn't get to use it for hunting season. They ran into it with somthing and tore the rubber seal around the firberglass cap in the front. They put a scuff mark on the side of it. Now they tell me if they paint it you will see the differance a texture of the paint. It just pisses me off that I bought a new caoch and I have to put up with this kind of crap. And I didn't even get toput the first mark on it. They actlike its not a big deal. ButI guess to them its not cause they are not making the payment. Its like after you buy it your a nobody..I am thinking I need to seek legal representation. The wost feeling of all is not being able to trust any of them and not knowing who to belive.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
JD
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhenn

If CrossRoads has offered to take it back and redo the roof, that is what I would do. I find it hardd to believe that Crossroads would tell some one to beat debrie down with a hammer

Thats what two of the men at Sirpilla told me. And he should me the places that they did this. And you can still see that there are bumps there. Smaller than before but no the less they are still there. Mark at CR said he never told them that but some one in their shop might have
Old 12-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #9
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Send the defects back to the factory, maybe the RV business would stop putting out marginal quality if we stop accepting it.

Best of luck.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:41 AM   #10
JD
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78
Send the defects back to the factory, maybe the RV business would stop putting out marginal quality if we stop accepting it.

Best of luck.

Thank you. Those are my intentions.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:16 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwebber78

Best of luck.

Thank you. Those are my intentions.

They this:

If the manufacturer or Camping World isn't solving the
problem contact the President/CEO of Camping World Marcus Lemonis at email
address:

Mlemonis@campingworld.comI contacted him and he replied in 20 minutes and the CW service manager contacted me within 1/2 hour.
CrossRoads RV president

Don Emahiser

demahiser@crossroadsrv.comHe never replied but the Factory rep. contacted me.Both presidents need to improve customer service if they want to meet their Corporate goals.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #12
Weekend Camper

I just returned from a 3k mile trip from Seattle to Phx and back. The roof on my 2013 BH is separating from the cap in the front. There is about a 1-1.5" gap. It is back at the RV shop now and I'm waiting to see how they will fix it.

Also, if crossroads is monitoring this, a suggestion:

Put a waterproof junction box over the electrical tie ins on the front frame instead of the standard indoor type. Had some bad rain on this trip and I was literally dumping the water out of the wire nuts connecting the wires together up there. I think it was creating some electrical problems.
jtippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 AM   #13
Family Vacation Member

jtippie,

Had the same issue with my 25RB. Dealer said they use self tapping screws at the factory and over torque them. After time vibrations cause the heads to snap off and the cap comes loose. They removed all the old screws and drilled and replaced them so hopefully not an issue now. They said this was a common issue with the reserve editions and was covered under the warranty.

Good luck

Home is where the hookup is.
2012 ST25RB Reserve tailgating a 2011 Chev Silverado 2500HD Duramax
Roadie66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:21 AM   #14
New Camper

Very interested to read about the roof problem on your trailer. I have a Crossroads Slingshot 29BH and basically the same thing happened. It took 80 days of rangling back and forth between the dealer and Crossroads before they agreed to repair the damage. It was only yesterday I was informed that they would repair the trailer. Initally Crossroads said it was a maintenance issue and not warranty when no doubt the self tapping screws were over torqued at the factory and thus the damage. Obviously this is an issue that needs addressing through way of a recall.
jdbutt is offline   Reply With Quote