Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2016, 11:13 AM   #21
Family Vacation Member

How far is it to where you bought the trailer most places De-winterize with the cost of winterizing you may call and ask about that, here its 50 dollars to do both but sometimes its a 2 or 3 week wait if they have a lot of work so i do mine my self now, if you know anyone that has a trailer even a neighbor you may ask them I'm sure they wouldn't mine helping they have been there once after that you can do it your self it's real easy to do and straight forward in you manual you just need to fine the valves, enjoy you trailer we love ours.
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 08:03 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

ruppleclan...I wish I had read even 1/10 of the hundreds of bad reviews you did before we got our "worst purchase ever". Buyer beware!!
HappyValleyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 07:36 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Black tank flush etc

Right after we purchased our 32bh and went camping, we went to flush the black tank and the santiflush water hose going to the black tank was not connected. Water came out all over the bottom of the camper. We took it back to the dealer and they fixed it. One of two problems that had to be fixed by the dealer.

I found water leak that two visits to dealer could not figure out. After you own one somethings you just have to do yourself.

Next fix is adding satellite connections to both tvs.
onlywvu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:04 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Congratulations on your new rig!! Like an earlier post stated, "take them with a grain of salt". I suggest you take a deep breath, regroup, and take what you read on here with a grain of salt. All the disgruntled people with Sunset Trails, I mean. This forum is meant to be informative. All new things, especially if you have never done it before, have a giant learning curve! There are lots of things in life that are this way. You will find lots of videos on the internet to do all the things you are mentioning. Educate yourself. Plus, the first campground you visit, there will be people there who will be glad to explain any question you have. I have done this for many people in the past who don't understand how things work on their rigs. They are usually all very appreciative. And when they ask how you learned all this, I reply with see one, do one, teach one. And with that being said, feel free to ask away on this site. You CAN do this!!! Good luck!
Igmire01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 09:38 AM   #25
Weekend Camper

My wife and I recently purchased a 2016 ST30RK. We are not new to the RV life, but this is our first brand new purchase. I was hoping for a thorough and lengthy PDI, but also left just marginally satisfied. I am a firm believer in a "shake-down" trip. Take it somewhere local and try it out. I prepared as much as I could before we left. I took tools, fuses, electrical connectors, sealants, etc. During our first trip we discovered the fridge didn't work on LP along with some other minor issues. We used it a second time the next weekend and discovered a few more issues. The entire time we kept a list of everything we found that needed attention. When we got home I opened all the access panels to do a more in-depth check. (inverter/fuse panel, CO2 monitor, stereo, main switch panel, water heater and water pump). I found a bunch of sawdust and junk which I got out with my shop-vac and a couple more small issues. I sat down and looked at the list. I fixed the items that were within my abilities and were cheap to fix. I made some modifications/improvements during this time which I posted in that forum. By fixing some items myself, I cut out months of my trailer sitting at the dealer. The items I couldn't fix or were expensive I had the dealer fix. *Disclaimer* I will point out I am very confident in my mechanical abilities, and I knew our dealer's service department had a bad reputation. This is why I fixed items myself. Most people will tell you take it back for any issue no matter how small. I agree to a point, but I wanted to use my trailer not let it sit at the dealer. After two camping trips and two trips to the dealer, I was very confident in our trailer. I knew it is reliable inside and out and had no worries when we hit the road. It took a little more effort on my part and a maybe a couple hundred bucks, but I feel it was worth it to have it ready sooner and done correctly. We have been on 9 trips now and it has been a great trailer. Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase!
BMVillines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #26
Family Vacation Member

While you have it take it on a good shakedown cruise. You will be surprised at what you find. Overall I was happy for the most part. Be sure to thoroughly check the roof. Feel for gaps and ridges under the rubber roof to get them addressed immediately. Check all seams to include the lights etc. I found some missed caulking that was an easy fix.
Old 02-24-2016, 10:14 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

Glad to hear that the PDI is finished and went ok! There is lots and lots of good advice on this thread and other threads about things to do and not do with your new camper, so I'll just add this...

Should you ever have an issue with service OR have a warranty question, please don't hesitate to shoot me a private message. I'd be happy to help on behalf of the factory in any way I can!

Welcome to the family!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 04:06 PM   #28
Family Vacation Member

we bought a 2016 ST270BH last June. I think I have 3 days left on my 1 year warranty.

We have done a lot of camping and other than minor things, we have LOVED our TT.

I just found that our water pump might have something wrong with it? We rarely use fresh water and need to use the pump but we tried today upon returning from a trip and it wasn't working...So I hooked up to the city water to get water so we could clean it.

Welcome to the club, and Enjoy!
jimmerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 07:40 PM   #29
Full Time Camper

Welcome from NC. Don't worry unless you find a problem.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2016, 04:49 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

My wife and I are about to buy our first TT (2017 ST320BH). This was a good threat to read because we live in Tucson, AZ but we're buying from a dealer in St. George, UT. The dealer offered to video the PDI and then meet meet me half way for delivery but after reading this (and other forums) I'm going to decline that offer and drive the whole way to be there for my own inspection.
Spasm is offline   Reply With Quote