Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to Susan
The good, the bad and the ugly

Actually great I love the camper!
I love this forum! (have not quite got the hang of views and such but will catch on)I have had a couple of things pop up and everyone here is awesome with help and quick responses.

The bad: The lock issue I just posted about. After I had agreed to the price and everything, I emailed my salesman and asked for him to let me know when he received my LARGE check from the credit union and when was the camper coming in? We did most things by email. This email slipped by him. Not really a big deal just did not think I should have to call.
We set the date for pick up Nov 30 the Sat. after Thanksgiving. I emailed at the beginning of the week to make sure the walk through guy would be there and everything had been checked over. Yes to all, checked at the factory and at the dealer. Ended up getting in early enough on Friday to swing by. The camper was on a back lot, plugged in and ready to go. There were large splinters around the whole on the swivel TV. It was noted on the warranty and will try and get it fixed later. We did a walk through. I said I would be back in the morning sign papers and do paper work. Went to a motel and studied the PDI and highlighted anything we had not gone over.
The UGLY!
My fault, my fault, my fault!
Like I said the camper was on a back lot and we pulled it around to the front, went in to use the rest room before hitting the road. I turned around and looked back, turns out the TV antenna was laying over on it side, the wire was sticking up. I did not know what it was, we got around 20 channels when turning on the TV. I did not get on the roof I was told at least 3 times everything had been checked over. How the heck did this happen??? I have been on the roof now ,stayed on the roof with the guy while he fixed it. (do you carry a ladder with you?)
Not sure what pressure to run the tires at? What they said and what on the tire is different.
Plan on camping some over the holidays and giving her a big test. I am sure more things will pop up. THANKS for everything!
Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Big thanks to Old farmer for the PDI. I learned my lesson!
Old 12-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

set the tires for max psi as per the tire. So do you mean the antenna was up, you pulled out with it up and then hit it on something? stay on top of them, now that it's a warranty issue and not a presage thing, they will be slow to make any repairs. Congrats on the new TT, may it bring you many happy camping trips.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anaro View Post
set the tires for max psi as per the tire. So do you mean the antenna was up, you pulled out with it up and then hit it on something? stay on top of them, now that it's a warranty issue and not a presage thing, they will be slow to make any repairs. Congrats on the new TT, may it bring you many happy camping trips.
It is in a fixed spot, no up and down. The dealer said someone must have tripped over at the factory , it is a 3 hour trip from the factory to the dealer and it fell over ???? I will never know what happened. (They never got on the roof like they said they did)