Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #21
Site Team

That manager knows very little about rv leaks. I would search for another service center. And since Crossroads does not recommend covers on their rvs, the manager shows even less knowledge of the product. His ignorance is very apparent by his statement.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 07:55 PM   #22
Weekend Camper

mark5w...I agree. He literally believes what he says becomes the truth merely because he says it. So, Crossroads trailers shouldn't be covered with anything? Wonder why that would be? Wish I'd known that before I spent all that money on the best cover I could find. I'll see what Calmark's comments are. Thanks!!!!
PS - Already got the next closest dealer location from Crossroads.
HappyValleyGoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 03:36 PM   #23
Weekend Camper

Update: So, we've brought our trailer home with an unrepaired leak after the dealer told us we would be charged $5 per day if we left it there. It was time to move on anyway as I'm sure is clear from earlier posts. I've just come inside on this rainy day after mopping up water again and placing towels and fans around to dry up the mess in hopes of preventing more water damage.

The water looks like it is coming in along the bottom of the wall to the right of the master bed, ahead of the window. We have seen it there before. There is no water in the front "underneath" storage area...only along the front inside to the right, and under the bed. There is also no water on the wall under the window or near the door.

As I suspected from the beginning, I believe this is a leak somewhere in the roof. The trailer is tilted slightly to the right side so that probably explains why it is coming out the wall there this time instead of out the wall above the slide out.

Obviously we can't accept or live with this continuing issue on our new trailer but we aren't sure what to do next. Wondering about social media. Saw some TV shows where consumers only got action after posting their issue on Twitter, etc.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:15 PM   #24
Weekend Camper

HVG, 1st leak was where the roof meets the front cap. It was not properly sealed from factory.. 2nd leak came from the marker lights. The one was filled with water and ran down and in front of bed. We caught it before it got to bad. Keep in contact with crossroads. We have had our trailer out for the first with no issues. I know what you are going thru. We went thru all last year what you are going thru with yours. Good luck let us know what transpires Good Luck
wayne bair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:23 PM   #25
Weekend Camper

Hi wayne...misery loves company. Thanks for another message and the support. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-23-2015, 05:26 PM   #26
Full Time Camper

I had a puddle of water to the right of the bed. The wall and window area were always dry, but the puddle would be on the floor. I knew it was running down the inside of the wall. I reseal ed the front cap and all places I could think of. Hit it with the hose and puddle came back. Finally found it. The trim between the outside wall and lower skirt. Has a bulb seal. Noticed they missed about an inch of clear caulk on the top of that molding. Also removed bulb seal and caulk ed all the screw heads under it. Put seal back and no more leaks. Check your caulking along all joints. They may have missed a small area like mine

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 05:29 PM   #27
Weekend Camper

Thanks cw3. I'm going to have another dealer take a look while it's still under warranty. Stay tuned.
Old 04-24-2015, 06:14 AM   #28
Seasonal Camper

Trailer Life magazine has an action line people write to for help with manufacturer issues. Its called TrailerLife RV Resolutions. Might be worth a try
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #29
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
Trailer Life magazine has an action line people write to for help with manufacturer issues. Its called TrailerLife RV Resolutions. Might be worth a try
That is one of the Good Sam benefits.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 08:56 PM   #30
Weekend Camper

Oooops...Crossroads won't let me take it to another dealer if I'm to get further warranty coverage.
Old 04-27-2015, 08:13 AM   #31
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyValleyGoose View Post
Oooops...Crossroads won't let me take it to another dealer if I'm to get further warranty coverage.
You don't have to take it to a different dealer or even belong to Good Sams. A subscription to the magazine might help though.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:53 AM   #32
Weekend Camper

Angry

After the local manager told us to get our new still-leaking lemon trailer off his lot or we would be charged rental fees, Crossroads said they would send some of the other required repair parts directly to us. They never did. This will be our first and last NEW trailer purchase, our last Crossroads purchase, and definitely no more anything from the dealer "****nose RV". All around lousy experience. Feel like going back to tenting. Trash, angry, and beating a dead horse are good emoticons for this post.

Tags
bbb, inside wall, leak, water damage