Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2016, 05:23 AM   #1
New Camper

Water hookup issue

We have a new Sunset Trails 290QB. First time out with it, we hooked up the water, and it just pours out the bottom. We think it has something to do with winterizing, but can't find info on it.

We opened up the section with the water heater because we had a Keystone Bullet and it's similar, but can't figure this one out.

Any help appreciated.
T Squared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 06:00 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Check to see if your low water drain valves are closed.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 07:53 AM   #3
New Camper

Are they in the "box" with the water heater? We tried opening two that we thought were closed for winterizing last night, but that didn't help.
Old 05-31-2016, 08:05 AM   #4
Site Team

The lines gball was referencing, come out under the trailer. Should be two white pex pipes sticking thru the membrane. If it's like mine. there will be two 1/4 turn valves up above in an outside compartment.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Or like mine with a blue and red pex pipe hanging thru the black membrane with threaded ends that need 2 white threaded caps on them.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 04:17 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Also directly below the fresh water tank you should see a blue pex tube sticking out of the black poly sheeting. This will be the fresh water tank drain, it to should have a cap on it just as should the two low point (red & blue) pex tube drains. I installed shut off valves on all of mine to make things easier. I hope this helps.
2021 Ford F-250 XLT Premium
6.2L, 6 3/4 ft bed, FX4. Tow pkg.
sjk1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
New Camper

We stopped at an RV dealership and got the caps, apparently missing. The RV dealership we bought from this time is new - and I'm thinking it's like eating at a restaurant the first week - don't do it! They didn't even fill up our propane tanks. Hope they get better because they're a lot closer to us than the dealership we used in the past - but they were excellent. Hoping we get to camp this week and try it out. Stuck in a hotel at the moment with vehicle problems. Not been our best trip!
Old 06-02-2016, 12:48 PM   #8
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Squared View Post
We stopped at an RV dealership and got the caps, apparently missing. The RV dealership we bought from this time is new - and I'm thinking it's like eating at a restaurant the first week - don't do it! They didn't even fill up our propane tanks. Hope they get better because they're a lot closer to us than the dealership we used in the past - but they were excellent. Hoping we get to camp this week and try it out. Stuck in a hotel at the moment with vehicle problems. Not been our best trip!
More and more of the dealers are not filling the propane tanks and then making it an extra charge if you ask for it. Customer service is dead these days.
Old 06-02-2016, 02:27 PM   #9
New Camper

They said they would for free. I think the first guy they hired wasn't very good, didn't last long. And no one checked it after he left. I hope they improve and stay in business because they're really nearby, but they really need to improve their services.