Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

We have recently purchased a 2012 ST24RB reserve. We absolutely fell in love with it when we were looking at trailers. I researched all the manufacturers, models and features in about 20 different trailers based on the length weight and features of what we wanted in a new trailer. We narrowed our search down to about 4. The Sunset trail was in the top 4, then the top 3, then the top 2, and finally - the one we purchased. One of the criteria that was on our list were 15" wheels rather than 14" wheels. The Sunset Trail brochure from the dealership (Roadmaster RV in Edmonton, Alberta) listed 15" tires as a standard feature in the Reserve. Last weekend our friend who was looking at the trailer for the first time commented on the 14" wheels?????WHAT????? sure enough they were. We hadn't noticed this during our orientation, only trusted that they were 15" by the specifications in the brochure. We contacted the dealership who advised us that they can't keep up with the brochure changes that Crossroads makes and we should bring up our dispute directly to Crossroads. Our dispute is that we would not have purchased this trailer had we known it had 14" wheels. 15" were set out in our criteria. Can they change them to 15"? Any advise as to what we should do? Thanks.

JanieRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I would hold the dealership accountable, if the spec sheet on your purchase agreement stated it has 15" tires and it came with 14" that is unacceptable. Roadmaster should be going to bat on your behalf with this issue, otherwise I would recommend a complaint to the Better Business Bureau. www.bbb.org . Unfortunatly this is the only way they will take a customer seriously.
If I bought a new VW Jetta and it was supposed to come with 18" rims but the factory sent the car with 17" who the hell would agree that it is ok for the dealership to say, too bad we cannot guarantee what the manufacture sends us????

Kagex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 02:17 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

15" wheels are not an option on these TT's. If the dealer/purchase agreement state 15" wheels then it's up to them to fix it but if you read an outdated brochure with fine print that states "subject to change" or "not available on all models" with a bunch of asteriks and disclaimers you are probably out of luck....I don't like advertising loopholes like this myself but they seem to be the norm these days. Buyer beware

2014 F350 6.7 PSD
8iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:48 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I just took delivery of my unit in April, and it has the 15" wheels.

2013 Sunset Trail 31BH
TrainSafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 07:27 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Check the specks on side of your camper or inside kitchen cubards. One or the other will tell you what should be one the rv.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote