Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2016, 12:31 PM   #1
New Camper

Hampton Recessed Light help..

I have a 2014 Hampton and one of the recessed lights burned out. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to access the bulb to replace it. Does anybody know? I have asked Crossroads customer service and a service person at Camping World where we purchased it. I got 2 different answers and neither of the worked for me. Thanks for any help!!!!
Cnkz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 01:22 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

If it's like the Redwoods you have to replace the entire fixture, bulb not removable.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 01:47 PM   #3
New Camper

Cool Fixed the light!

So, I cracked the code to the Hampton recessed light! The lens is held on by 3 prongs and just pulls straight off. The reason that I was having such a problem is that the one that was burned out, the base was not screwed into the ceiling like it was supposed to be. It would just twist and I could not get the lens off. I looked at one of the other lights and figured out that it just pops off and on. I had to use a flat head screwdriver to carefully pry the lens off. Once complete I securely screwed the base to the ceiling and can now easily remove and replace the lens. The light that is in there is a 12v 20w halogen T3 G4 base bulb. Happy camping!
Cnkz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light