Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to Showtime

I bought a 2011 Crossroads Hampton over the winter. Got the water up and running this weekend and noticed the water heater switch light stays red .
I believe on my 2009 Wildwood , the gas water heater would only turn red if the unit failed to light after 3 tries.

After the heater was filled , I flipped the gas switch and it turned red , the heater lighted right off. It stayed red the whole time. I turned on the electric as well and they both stayed red all night.

I never noticed but my wife said the water heater seemed to run all night as well. I would think the high temp would have cut it off or it would have blown the relief but neither happened.

Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:04 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

I have a 2013 Sunset Trails, and when I use the HWH on electric, the light stays red all the time. I haven't tried gas yet as I have so far only camped with electrical hookups. But it does seem like it would cycle.

2017 - 500 miles, 9 nights
2016 - 3005 miles, 34 nights
2014, 14, 15 - 11,614 miles, 125 nights
dlwilliams48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:24 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to Showtime

Thanks for the reply. I guess it is ok just different than what I am used to. I only had gas on my Wildwood and the light would go out after it lit and only come on when it didnt light.

I will have to listen to it closer next time to see how long before it shuts off. I think my Wildwood would heat up and shut off fairly fast.
Edited by: Showtime
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote