Old 02-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #11
Weekend Camper

Here it is almost 2 years later. I ended up using Hunter11's suggestion about the water softener and that worked.The flush system cleared up, started working and still works.

Never had to take anything apart. Thank you Hunter11.

Have been and still do pour 2 caps full of liquid water softener (have been using Calgon)into the black tank every time it is dumped and rinsed. On the last stop of the season,add the laundry detergent as well so when I get home the tank is about clean as it is going to get when I dump and rinse for the final time.

2006 PP PF35SL
KECoats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #12
Family Vacation Member

I've had a black tank flush on my last two Keystone Cougars and never had a problem with them ever.

This is a little disturbing to be reading you have to mess around with the Crossroads one and add extra chemicals etc.

Specially when I have alreadytraded and dropped off my2010 Cougar at the dealershipand now waiting on the new Crossroads to be builtthen delivered....

Sounds like a design problem, perhaps the screen they are talking about shouldn't be there ?

Something must be wrong as this is the first I've heard of this problem on any trailers.

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 10:47 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

First if you keep your tank clean you will not have issues with the black tank flush so it is nothing to worry about. And second he is not adding extra "chemicals" he is using the GEO method which many of us here and on other forums have been using for years. All you use on it is Calgon water softener and laundry detergent.I would rather use that than some of theblack tank chemicals some people use which have an over powering odor and turn everything green or blue.

Kirk, glad to see your problem was taken care of!
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:30 PM   #14
Family Vacation Member

okay I dumped my tank regularly and always used thetank flush so maybe that prevented issues, adding water softner and detegent is still adding chemicals that I have never had touse and I've been RVing for over 30yrs.

Don't want any issues when dealing with the worst thing about rving which is the dumping of waste tanks.....

2013 CF345RF Provincial

2006 GMC Dura Max Diesel
speedster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:17 AM   #15
Site Team

Most of us don't consider calcon or soap a chemical. This is a product people use in their home every day, and dump it down their drain. Whether they are on city sewer or have their own septic system there is no adverse affect.
Using the blue and green stuff is what I consider "chemicals"